Buying At The N E C Show?

jessdale

Will it be possible to buy a 2014 spec van, or even a 2013, from the show or will it be 2015 vans only?. Also if p/x'ing a van is any deal done subject to the dealer looking at the p/x?. Is it a case of them saying " I will give you 6k for yours" then knocking you to 5k when they see it?. Or is a price a price?.

There will only be 'new' vans on display but the dealers manning the individual 'marque' stands will obviously have stock 'at home' which they may be interested in shifting . ........I have twice bought at shows at a decent discount and both times the p/x has been subject to their survey thereafter,in one case we dropped £300 the other more as delamination had crept in before the delivery of the new 'van. ....

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Usually it is down to seeing the caravan for a price on p/x .

One thing you need to consider is buying a distance away from your home if the caravan has to be returned to the dealer it could mean a couple of return trips which could mean hundreds of miles and fuel costs and time and suddenly the money saved is not so good deal.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

There are still dealers trying to shift 2013MY stock, let alone 2014.

If you know what you want I can't see the point of going to the NEC to buy a van that won't be on display. You could have a hard job finding a rep from a dealer that has what you want. It could be a needle in a haystack job. Better to search Caravan Autotrader and Caravansforsale where dealers tend to advertise. Even saying what you want on here might get you a steer to a dealer with one or more in stock.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

A new '13 or'14 Adria might be difficult to come by. In truth they have a relatively small dealer network compared to UK brands and whilst there is the odd big dealer that has stuck with them, many are very small dealers who seem to pop in and out of business, or in and out of the Adria network.

I'd therefore suspect that your only chance would be with one of the big Adria dealers and they can be counted almost on the finger of one finger. If they haven't got anything left over then it's unlikely to be in the country and the only option for a new van would be a 2015.

Looking at Venture's stocklist Rita all but three Adria's are 2015. The three others are 2014 but not sure if they're the van the OP is after.

Jess.

I've just brought at Altea Sportline, we considered the severn but ended up liking the venure upgrades. Anyway if you look here http://www. adria. co. uk

There is a find a model tab at the bottom. When it is updated it will tell you who has what stock and where. It was accurate and we used it to view several models. From what one of the dealers told me,all 2014 models that are coming into the country were in.

The caravan network for adria is fairly small so I would just web search and ring for a deal. I can't see you getting anything at the show that you won't get over the phone.

When we went last year venture were the only dealer there with Adrias as well as Adria themselves.

Great choice of caravan we love ours

nearly all part exchange deals with any dealer will be "subject to inspection" (unless its an old van and priced accordingly), though most will be fair upon viewing, though there a some dealers out there that employ staff to deliberately to find every tiny little fault with a van and knock the value accordingly, so the unbelievable deal they offered suddenly becomes exactly that, unbelievable.

Just look out for "End of Season Sale" or whilst at the show in October if you can't wait that long have a peep at the Adria web to get contact details and spend a little time on the phone to see what they have to offer that will suit your needs, whatever you do Good Luck.

Les

Les