Alde Touch Screen Controlls

jackieann62

Hi we have an Bailey Unicorn Madrid 2011, has anybody changed their Alde control to the new touch one that's in the newer models or if it is possible to do this.

Thank you Jackie

Not done it myself, but did consider it until i saw the price Alde wanted. .

they do a simple conversion kit that has a back plate and the controller which is a simple plug in, look on the Alde website.

if memory serves me correctly it was about £300. ...

Edited by SP1

Yep - done mine and well worth it. Don't know whether they still have them but got mine cheap cos Alde UK had a batch where the backlight doesn't turn off - no bother to me given the location in the Madrid. Needs a bit of the wood triming before the new face plate can fit but the Madrid has a removeable back housing in the leftmost locker which makes it a very easy job.

Just found the link - £91 (half price) - worth a phone call

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/88866-half-price-alde-touch-screen-control/

Edited by SamD

Sam :beardy:

Yes, Changed ours as above. Much easier to program, well worth it especially if you can still get the half price ones.

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70

Hi Can I say thank you to everyone who replied, I have been on to Alde and got one of the reconditioned ones as a surprise for my husband. Thank you again Jackie

Hi Can I say thank you to everyone who replied, I have been on to Alde and got one of the reconditioned ones as a surprise for my husband. Thank you again Jackie

And they say that romance is dead !!

Freelander 2 and Bailey Unicorn Valencia (Classic Edition. ..)

Anyone got a Unicorn II and made the change? If so how did you it?

See the other thread on this subject - Alde have responded and suggested getting a single fascia (type used previously) from Bailey for their instruments.

Sam :beardy: