Hot Water In Caravan

zoomorphic

i have just checked all the caravan out at home to make sure everything is working fine before

we venture out on our first trip :)

its all new to me but,when i turned the electrics on and flicked the hot water switch to the "on" position,after about 1 hour we had hot water,great!

my question is ; is there a tank that stores the hot water or does it just heat it up as you use it? a bit like a shower at home.

i have just checked all the caravan out at home to make sure everything is working fine before

we venture out on our first trip :)

its all new to me but,when i turned the electrics on and flicked the hot water switch to the "on" position,after about 1 hour we had hot water,great!

my question is ; is there a tank that stores the hot water or does it just heat it up as you use it? a bit like a shower at home.

There's a tank, usually around 10 litres. You couldn't use the instant type like at home due to limitations of the electrical supply

right. ....to empty this tank,i would have to just leave the hot tap open and the pump running?

cheers nme2no1

I'll move this to the Water section where it will get better exposure.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

right. ....to empty this tank,i would have to just leave the hot tap open and the pump running?

cheers nme2no1

Not quite, there will be a drain valve or a drain plug on the outside to empty it, depends on the type of heater.

zoomorphic, on 13 Aug 2014 - 9:25 PM, said:zoomorphic, on 13 Aug 2014 - 9:25 PM, said:

cheers nme2no1

You need to look for the drain down taps in or under the caravan floor. There should be two. (hot and cold)

Let the hot go cold if you are on a grass pitch or you will damage the grass.

When you refill the van next time use the hot tap furthest from the pump to fill and remove air locks and do not turn on the electric or gas until the system and tank is full. (damage will be caused if you turn on before the tank is full.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

brilliant info!! glad i asked now!

i have drained the cold water,found the valve at the side of on board tank,will have a look round for the hot water valve tomorrow.

thanks all !!!

Z,

The drain tap wiil be near the hot water heater which is often under a bed - it's usually yellow - the pic shows the whole thing, but just the top half shows above the floor, and there'll be the spout underneath outside. Upright is open.

John

post-42316-0-61638000-1407963982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johnaldo