External Aerial Point On 2013 Avante?

Wozerp

Hi All,

I'm not with the van at the moment so can't check.

Does anyone happen to know if there is an external aerial point on the van? I don't recall seeing one previously, but just thought I'd ask.

We're going to a site with poor tv reception next week and intend to use the aerial point on the power bollard.

Ta

No, not as standard, had two Avantes a 2011 and a 2013.

No external TV socket on my 2013 Avante 462.

Don't know if you have time, but I drilled a 6mm hole in the black blank in the battery box and feed a cable into the caravan and up to the TV. Better than via the windows.

Don't know if you have time, but I drilled a 6mm hole in the black blank in the battery box and feed a cable into the caravan and up to the TV. Better than via the windows.

Thanks, yes that's the plan, we're off on Sunday though, and busy on Saturday, so not sure I'll have the opportunity

Well either way have a nice time.

We use one of those flat co-ax cables that go through the window, but you can still shut the window. It came with a Vision Plus Image 620 aerial, but you can buy them on their own.

We've got a 2014 Avante 574 and the front nearside locker - the one that gives access under the front seat - has a cable cut out on its lower edge. This is similar to the adjacent battery box for the electric hook up cable.

This meant I could install an aerial socket just inside the locker door and run a cable up the conduit in the corner to the aerial amp/distribution module.

Now when I use my external aerial, the lead plugs straight in to the socket.

No need to drill anywhere.

Russ

Well either way have a nice time.

Ta, off to Buxton for a week.

We use one of those flat co-ax cables that go through the window, but you can still shut the window. It came with a Vision Plus Image 620 aerial, but you can buy them on their own.

Interesting, thanks.

We've got a 2014 Avante 574 and the front nearside locker - the one that gives access under the front seat - has a cable cut out on its lower edge. This is similar to the adjacent battery box for the electric hook up cable.

This meant I could install an aerial socket just inside the locker door and run a cable up the conduit in the corner to the aerial amp/distribution module.

Now when I use my external aerial, the lead plugs straight in to the socket.

No need to drill anywhere.

Russ

Ultimately that's want I aim to do. Just won't have time to put it in place before the off. All a bit short notice, but no. 1 daughter is desperate not to miss the first Dr. Who!

I've fitted mine to the rear where the aerial clamps. its handy for sites with aerial hook ups too, I ought to do another picture showing the new beading in the awning channels ^_^

caravan aerial 005

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)