Sign in to follow this  
poolebob

Why Don't They Think

Even that very expensive paragon of caravan sites, Old Oaks, Glastonbury won't let you book a particular pitch. I can't see the CC doing it ever. Besides I like to wander around and choose my spot and would never be able to do that from a site plan.

Well anything is possible, I'm sure 10 years ago booking on line would probably never happen but look now! I too would prefer to visit but sites I've already been to I know the pitches I would like.

Funny but we've visited Old Oaks a dozen times or more over the last few years and we've only ever been allocated one pitch twice, if you see what I mean. Every one of them has been good and had a specific feature that made it 'special'. Of course that means there are still something like 80 odd other pitches we've not yet tried.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about the bleating and name calling that's going on here

Obviously not. ....................

Your like a pair of children

Alex, it really isn't like what's portrayed by some of the hitlers

Obviously not. ....................

So you'd prefer to portray an image of cc sites run like a military boot camp?

Maybe it might dissuade a few from arriving before 'opening' time in future.

Pointless Andy, when pubs used to open at 7 in the evening there was always a queue to get the 1st pint, obviously things never change, the landlord opened at 7

So you'd prefer to portray an image of cc sites run like a military boot camp?

Please don't pluck ideas out of my head that don't exist there.

post-38972-0-62655300-1408054755_thumb.jpg

I think in this day and age the caravan club should be forward thinking enough to have an online booking system which shows the site plan so you can book whichever pitch you want much the same as you book theatre tickets.

Then there would be no pent up frustration at the gate, no steely glares, no forum slanging matches, everyone could just drive straight in and park up and holiday

Mind you, where's the fun in that! Lol

• Like 1

This month I spent a week on a site in Cornwall the site has 28 pitches all shown on an interactive map on their website. You just clicked on a pitch and up came it's availability etc all fully serviced and all £12 a night in August!

Show me a cc site that could match that let alone it's 6 star toilet block.

Phil.

• Like 1

Well reading all four pages has certainly convinced me not to be a member of any club. If I am going to arrive early I will ring ahead and ask the question and nine times out of ten there has never been a problem and I am welcomed with open arms. And believe me the sites are great, clean and with good facilities. Caravanning to me is about going away and de-stressing. .....obviously not to a lot of others.

Here -------here------- and in my case getting quality time with my wife ---- cheers

I think in this day and age the caravan club should be forward thinking enough to have an online booking system which shows the site plan so you can book whichever pitch you want much the same as you book theatre tickets.

Then there would be no pent up frustration at the gate, no steely glares, no forum slanging matches, everyone could just drive straight in and park up and holiday

Agreed, good post

Completly agree and very suprised you cant do it over there. Here you can book as far in advance as you like select the pitch you want etc no dramas, no mini hitlers and no wingers.

I saw another thread yesterday complaining a motorcaravan had pitched on a site big enough for a car,awning and caravan, so ***** what!? If he wanted it and booked it good on him and more fool you for not thinking about doing it yourself. I dont think its in the rules that caravans have priority over anyone else on a camp site.

Edited by Kiwi Graham

There was a couple of times where I did book a site, and I did pick the pitch that was wanted. That was where there was a site map on the website for that site, and I just asked. So it can be done. Though I did book over the phone, not online.

I'm sure it will come, but doing it for one medium size site is going to be different to doing it for a few hundred sites, some with way more than a hundred pitches. Thinking about it, the CC could easily allocate you to a pitch as soon as you book, like lots of other places do and tell you which pitch when you roll up. They don't and I think that's on purpose to allow you freedom to choose, rather than control where you pitch. So you see it's not always regimented in the way implied. The other club and lots of private sites lead you to the pitch you've been given and that's it.

I'm surprised Harry Hill hasn't joined in. ..................FIGHT!! :D

Who's Harry Hill?

This reminds me of the time I went to fuel up my car, there was this inconsiderate driver who was towing a caravan and he was taking up two fuel pumps with his outfit. He didn't even clear the pump when he filled his car and the cheeky blighter only went to join yet another queue to pay for his fuel!

Now we all know that he should have left his caravan outside somewhere, gone in to fuel up and then collected his caravan.

There was also the time when I went to fuel up at one of those places where there are many pumps, usually double sided and never enough room to get through if the front pump is empty and the rear one is being used. Those drivers should stop fuelling up and move forward to the next pump to continue filling their tanks. How inconsiderate of them to block my way :angry:

Now the above is said in jest, and queues form in many places for many reasons. I use the time to watch the people who get angry in queues and it gives me a chuckle.

Smile folks, your face looks better with one :D

H.

• Like 2

Now that's more like it, what with rubbish bins in the other thread and the last couple of posts here the funs back.

Whilst it's absolutely none of your business I'll tell you the exact circumstances and the reasons why.

I had to do a course and an exam in Aberdeen, the following day my training course at the underwater centre in fort William started at 12:00. I contacted Bunree to see if I could either leave my caravan in the late arrivals area or just on a pitch somewhere. They were more than helpful, no problem at all, they couldn't have been more helpful. I also witnessed during my 28 days there people arriving early and not once were there any problems with this site run by helpful and friendly people.

iF it's not a problem with the site and I do understand that some sites it is a problem, then I don't see what some of you are getting so wound up about.

My experience of the CC has been the opposite . .. Still think your a " Chancer " BUT THATS ME . .... ;)

Gas, :angry: . ..

My experience of the CC has been the opposite . .. Still think your a " Chancer " BUT THATS ME . .... ;)

Gas, :angry: . ..

Well as I said in another post, I don't give a damn what you think, your opinion really doesn't matter a jot to me.

Well as I said in another post, I don't give a damn what you think, your opinion really doesn't matter a jot to me.

Me too Auld Fruit !!

GAS . ...... :angry:

Me too Auld Fruit !!

GAS . ...... :angry:

Now all the hugs have ended, is anyone really that bothered about having to wait in line to get to their pitch?

Places where we queue:

Fuel (as above)

Burger joints

At the bar

At the till (to get a paper to read about how well the British cope with a queue)

At the entrance to a caravan site (where you can join a discussion with the driver behind you about how inconsiderate the British are at queing and pointing to the driver in front of you)

In fact the only place there seems to be no sign of a queue is at the funeral directors. I drive past my local one every day and it always seems dead in there ;) Makes me wonder how they stay open but then I look at the angry people in a queue and think - there is another customer for him :)

H.

Now all the hugs have ended, is anyone really that bothered about having to wait in line to get to their pitch?

Places where we queue:

Fuel (as above)

Burger joints

At the bar

At the till (to get a paper to read about how well the British cope with a queue)

At the entrance to a caravan site (where you can join a discussion with the driver behind you about how inconsiderate the British are at queing and pointing to the driver in front of you)

In fact the only place there seems to be no sign of a queue is at the funeral directors. I drive past my local one every day and it always seems dead in there ;) Makes me wonder how they stay open but then I look at the angry people in a queue and think - there is another customer for him :)

H.

It doesn't cause me any problem at all, I'm in no rush and no, I won't move my car up one space!

Just wish everyone could chill a little, these places are not military installations they're places we go for pleasure.

Not sure what a synthetic complaint is.

If you read my post heading you will see it is about people who fail to pull forward in the checking in queue so leaving no space for others to join it which I have experienced.

Besides which if you could only post comments on which you had first hand experience then that would remove many of the posts on these forums.

Poolebob

I could not count the number of people that when this happens and a gap is left and they come along and just drive past the waiting caravans and MHs and pull into the gap because then everyone has to wait for them . Only once have I seen a near fight over it when words started about pushing into the front of the queue .

I have seen cones go out on usually a Wednesday by wardens to save the best pitches for regulars by what I have witnessed on CC sites .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Ah yes the wardens favourites! I witnessed that on numerous occasions whilst I was a member, another reason I no longer am.

Phil.

Places where we queue:

Fuel (as above)

Burger joints

At the bar

H.

Ahem. .... I beg to differ. .. :D

when I visited me local funeral parlour. ... there was indeed a huge massive queue. ... ;)

Ok, granted it was at their free coffee and cake stall as they were having an open day. .. but there was definitely a queue!!

It doesn't cause me any problem at all, I'm in no rush and no, I won't move my car up one space!

Just wish everyone could chill a little, these places are not military installations they're places we go for pleasure.

Most people, would usually have one person to hop out and go join the queue to book in. . the other sits behind the wheel and moves accordingly :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this