Grey Plastic Cover Over Thetford Glory Hole

WispMan

What is this for or am I missing the obvious?

When you slide the cassette in, this cover is pulled back to allow the glory hole to line with the loo above.

When I pull the cassette out, it is so loose, I'm afraid of losing it, so I leave it on the ground whilst I go off to the Elsan disposal unit.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

This has been discussed before. The sliding cover is there to hide the seal when the cassette is withdrawn. It's a pretty useless bit of plastic really.

Ern

Yes, good question, they didn't used to have one on older models did they. Is it perhaps to cover up anything unsightly like soggy loo roll that might be trapped by the blade while it's carried to the disposal point?

Cosmetic porposes only. Mine works well enough without the cover but then if there's any droppings on the blade, it's potentially visible.

hawkaye :beardy:

I am sure it is nothing but a "modesty" flap; my cassette has been without it for at least two years since it flew off down a cesspit and I checked out the price in a shop!

It's kept in place by the blade pressing upwards with the lip seal I think, only time mine was loose was when the blade was fully closed from inside and the cassette withdrawn, the yellow handle could be turned ever so slightly to lock it, nothing was leaking out though. Hasn't come loose again since changing the seal when it started dripping, or it's coincidence!

Thanks all for the confirmation of its usefulness.

This evening everyone on site was breathing in and exclaiming "Look, a man without the cassette cover!"

The Cornish police were called and I'm in Bodmin Jail for 3 nights for uncleaniness and extreme exaggeration.

The Blade Runner

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I keep mine in the front locker so it doesn't get lost :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Thanks all for the confirmation of its usefulness.

This evening everyone on site was breathing in and exclaiming "Look, a man without the cassette cover!"

The Cornish police were called and I'm in Bodmin Jail for 3 nights for uncleaniness and extreme exaggeration.

The Blade Runner

Good job it now has a bar and restaurant!