Fit Larger Oven To Adria Altea 542Dk ?

kaz5167

I love our Adria, but the oven is rather frustrating. Our Swift Challenger had a full size oven, which was fab. We have added an extra shelf, but because of the grill at the top, you can't really use the shelf in the top position & having one in the middle & one at the bottom hardly leaves any room on the bottom shelf. We tend to eat in 90% of the time, so wondering about the option of changing the oven?

Due to the wheel being below, its not as simple as just putting a full size one in, but there is a good gap between the existing oven & wheel to allow for something bigger.

Has anyone done this, or know if it would be possible? And where we could get something suitable?

Hubby fits household ovens for work & is quite capable of moving electric sockets etc as necessary (new ones, along with tv socket added & electric heating mod completed)

Hope someone can help!

You would need to take into account the extra weight in a full size oven and if it could effect the loading on the axles and suspension on that side.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

How about getting something like a Cadac with the roasting tins? Could be easier than pulling the interior of the caravan apart

What about a mini plug in oven that could fit in cupboard and take it out to use it. But this would only work if you stay on site with electric hook up.

:)

What about a Microwave Combi - answers both problems :) My little bro changed out his Microwave for a combi ( he hadn't got an oven at all in his 93 Eldis) and solved two probs in one go!

Don't know the layout of your van but there are quite small micro-combi's now and either fit a couple of brackets or just put it on the worktop, you could travel with it on the floor if there was a loading issue and it weighs no more than a Cadac.

Just an idea but it might work. I've been looking to change out the microwave( standard fitting in my Avocet) for a combi myself over this winter layup

Jim

Edited by JamesF

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Oooh, that could be the answer, thanks James, I was saying yesterday that we hv one cupboard that is barely used, and would it be worth having a microwave. ...Off to Google Combi 😀

And thanks SkippyDan, the plug in oven sounded like a good option too.