Cl Recommendation New Forest/north End Of South Downs

We are away staying in West Wittering, just south of Chichester at the moment.

We moved to this location last Saturday on recommendation that the beaches are beautiful, which they are. The only problem is since we arrived the wind has been so strong, the wife and children don't like going onto the beach and it seems a waste paying £32 per night to stay on one of the local campsites. We are looking to move closer to home in the midlands for the last week and wondered if anyone could recommend a CL with toilet and EHU facilities near to Winchester/New Forest or Somewhere near the top end of the South Downs towards Oxford please.

There are very few CLs in the area. We have been trying to get on one over the past week and the two that are near are full. High season. You could try Crossways CC site between Weymouth and Dorchester. That has space but not for this Saturday. Another one is Slinfold CC Site near Horsham but it doesn't have facilities.

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

I don't know what they're like for room, but later today we're heading to Valesmoor Farm near New Milton.

I've not been before, but the research I did suggested it should be nice.

Thanks, I need Saturday.

I emailed Valesmoor Farm but they are full over the weekend.

My quest goes on. .....

CL's that are full ! So when you write your glowing review of a lovely CL just think of the consequences. ..... Especially now the Caravan Club has its map search ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Thanks, I need Saturday. I emailed Valesmoor Farm but they are full over the weekend. My quest goes on. .....

That's a shame, it's a nice little site. Only 4 of us on tonight, so must be another one to come by the weekend.