Pets Scheme

I visited my vet recently with our dog and mentioned that we are off the Europe soon and he said we needed to come back a few days before we go so her could fill in the 'fit to travel' section of the pets passport. We never did this when we went to Europe in January and no body even asked to see their passports on the way out. Is this still a requirement?

Thanks

Alan

2008 Bailey Senator S6 Virginia
2014 BMW 320d X drive Estate

We have only been asked for our dog passports on the way out once at Portsmouth. I would think your vet may not under stand the passport scheme.

You can be asked for a fitness to travel .

http://ahvla. defra. gov. uk/documents/ov/EU-PETS-guidance-notes. pdf

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We have taken our dogs over 9 times now (Eurotunnel) and have never been asked for the Passport on the way out.

You are not required to have the 'Fitness to Travel' section filled in to return into the UK.

CL

Brittany Ferries check the passport on the way out, it isn't a requirement but it's nice to know that the microchip is in place.

The fitness to travel isn't require for EU member states.

knarf

Ok thanks everyone, I will take the dog to the vet to have his Microchip checked.

Alan

2008 Bailey Senator S6 Virginia
2014 BMW 320d X drive Estate

My french vet always fill in the fitness to travel, although he syas it's not really necessary. Its always a good idea to check the chip as ours used to move and caused me 45 minutes of panic ant the check in at Portsmouth :o

The fitness to travel is not needed in Europe unless travel is by air. Airlines require the fitness to travel part to be filled in.