Kampa Rally 390 Awning

swifties

Hi,

We are looking at buying a Kampa Rally 390 (not Air) for our caravan and were wondering if the side windows have blinds or curtains. It looks as it there are blinds at the front windows but we can't tell if there are any at the sides. We use the awning to store clothes and get changed in so would need blinds all round.

Any help is very much appreciated.

thanks!

No see me . ....you can have all the roll-up/ across curtains closed if required.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Fixed roll up blinds made of similar material to the awning. These are fixed in place with small Velcro tabs when rolled down. Very easy and give full privacy.

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

I can confirm that you have complete privacy if you wish. This was our first outing with this awning and it stood up to “Bertha” very well. We had the back poles in place and I think you need the extra roof poles because we had pools on the roof. The side windows have Velcro fixing and rolls to the side, the front blinds will roll up. You can just undo the top fixing to let in some light and still retain your privacy.

be859fe0-0a0f-44e3-8d9f-03587732d69b_zps

It's an excellent awning but you need the extra roof poles (monsoon poles) - that will stop the pooling of water on the roof. It will also enhance the look of the awning.

It's an excellent awning but you need the extra roof poles (monsoon poles) - that will stop the pooling of water on the roof. It will also enhance the look of the awning.

and Rear Uprights to keep the awning snug to the caravan.

Les

Les

We usually have the 4 guy ropes perpendicular to the caravan using a separate rock peg each and the 2 storm straps in line with the caravan using a delta peg each.

:)

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

In the 2014 models, the front blinds just fold up into pockets rather than rolling up.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

In the 2014 models, the front blinds just fold up into pockets rather than rolling up.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

We usually have the 4 guy ropes perpendicular to the caravan using a separate rock peg each and the 2 storm straps in line with the caravan using a delta peg each.

:)

Yes, we would have fixed the guy ropes as per their picture in the manual but we never had the room, there is a sheep fence alongside the car. If the pitch was a little wider we would have done it that way. Same for the tie down kit, couldn’t go any wider and maybe that’s why we had small pools on the roof. It was very windy when we put the awning up and we used our own large plastic pegs rather than the general purpose wire ones supplied.

We didn’t fit the pins on the bottom of the leg poles and agree with others that the monsoon poles will give that little extra support.

I bought mine as a kit with the rear upright poles and tie down kit + free P&P for £300. Very, very pleased and not a drop of rain came in. I am also going to get two awning rail stoppers and the easy tread groundsheet. :D

Yes, we would have fixed the guy ropes as per their picture in the manual but we never had the room, there is a sheep fence alongside the car. If the pitch was a little wider we would have done it that way. Same for the tie down kit, couldn’t go any wider and maybe that’s why we had small pools on the roof. It was very windy when we put the awning up and we used our own large plastic pegs rather than the general purpose wire ones supplied.

We didn’t fit the pins on the bottom of the leg poles and agree with others that the monsoon poles will give that little extra support.

I bought mine as a kit with the rear upright poles and tie down kit + free P&P for £300. Very, very pleased and not a drop of rain came in. I am also going to get two awning rail stoppers and the easy tread groundsheet. :D

Oooh I see.

I also noticed that you have the Isabella style elastic loops that you use to peg it out. Do they now come with the new ones instead of the plastic ladders that we had with our original 260 and now this 390 (£200 in an ebay sale last year - but it is chocolate, and an older model !!! :rolleyes: ) ? Just interested. ..... :)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Oooh I see.

I also noticed that you have the Isabella style elastic loops that you use to peg it out. Do they now come with the new ones instead of the plastic ladders that we had with our original 260 and now this 390 (£200 in an ebay sale last year - but it is chocolate, and an older model !!! :rolleyes: ) ? Just interested. ..... :)

No, ladders, not very clear in the picture. :)

No, ladders, not very clear in the picture. :)

Cheers for that. We love our 390 too. Have fun. :)