Ecocamel Shower Head

barry197

+1

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

OH was so pleased with the one in the caravan he fitted one at home.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

i have whale elegance shower head which is 12 mm and the ecocamel is half in ! do u no if u can gt a reducer or adaptor to gt ecocamel to fit

i have whale elegance shower head which is 12 mm and the ecocamel is half in ! do u no if u can gt a reducer or adaptor to gt ecocamel to fit

Brilliant, and uses less water, the only issue and it is minor one is the noise of air, but don't let that put you off, we are thinking about getting one for our en suite.

Les

Les

Out of 35 reviews on Amazon approximately 15 reviews did not think it was that great. Almost a 50/50 split which makes us undecided. We have a 2011 Lunar and don't think it is fitted with the Ecocamel unit although we get quite a powerful shower and have issues with it.

I think it depends on how good your pump is, if you've got a decent onboard pump capable of 7-10l p/m it's as good as an average home shower.

Another fan of the Ecocamel shower head in the caravan. Also have one fitted on the bathroom shower.

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

Out of 35 reviews on Amazon approximately 15 reviews did not think it was that great. Almost a 50/50 split which makes us undecided. We have a 2011 Lunar and don't think it is fitted with the Ecocamel unit although we get quite a powerful shower and have issues with it.

If you are happy with what you have, why spend £30 plus, our shower was not that powerful in the van so we look on the Ecocamel as a sound investment, and when we change the van, out it comes

Les

Les

Are Swift fitting them as standard now?

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I bought one for the caravan and now have one in the house as well - they are brilliant in my opnion.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

I bought one for the caravan and now have one in the house as well - they are brilliant in my opnion.

I've run these for 18mths now in our house and its taken £40/yr off the water bill

• 4 months later...

Is the shower head a standard fitting item? I have the older whale style like this

351817.jpg

I have fitted a high flow whale pump and the water flow is usable, but not great. There does seem to be an inline pump that has been fitted but I'm not sure if that works. I don't know if that would help at all or not.

2010 Lunar Delta Ti pulled by a 2012 Volvo XC60 D3 AWD remapped to 210bhp & 501Nm

I do not believe it saves one drop of water in the caravan though it may well give a nicer shower experience.

My reasoning is, we, and no doubt most people shower with the valve fully open. Therefore x amount of water flows regardless of what showerhead is fitted unless the head restricts flow. Ecocamel just allow air to be sucked in and mixed with the water.

We have one in the van and it is OK but we are not over impressed. We looked at a large one for home where we have a 3 bar pump. Ecocamle salesman, disinterestly looked in a cardboard box and found a scratched one made of cheep plastic. He said they are £70, we did not bother.

John

Edited by JCloughie

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

John

Your new Lunar will come with one. Can't comment on how good they are because we havn't used the shower in our Si yet.

Have fitted a TMV though so we don't get scalding water to bathroom, just turn tap to full hot and water comes out at preset temperature at both sink and shower.

I have the echocamel orbit, use to get 3 mins showering with my old shower head before running cold. Now with the new head I get 5 mins before going cold. I have an 8Ltre hot water tank, which isn't bad. ... Yes I am sad, I timed myself with the old one and then the new one. ... 😁

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

John

Your new Lunar will come with one. Can't comment on how good they are because we havn't used the shower in our Si yet.

Have fitted a TMV though so we don't get scalding water to bathroom, just turn tap to full hot and water comes out at preset temperature at both sink and shower.

Thanks, I realise my Lunar will have one, I am happy with them just don't think they do as claimed.

I am very interested in your TMV, would love more info. I personally think all new vans should be fitted with anti scald devices. If not by law then by persuading manufacturers to improve and sell it as a safety feature.

As adults we can work our shower OK, but they must be a worry for those with younger children.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

John - Have seen my water bill drop by £30/yr since using these in the home. All helps when on a meter. ..

Thanks, I realise my Lunar will have one, I am happy with them just don't think they do as claimed.

I am very interested in your TMV, would love more info. I personally think all new vans should be fitted with anti scald devices. If not by law then by persuading manufacturers to improve and sell it as a safety feature.

As adults we can work our shower OK, but they must be a worry for those with younger children.

John

Yes it is a massive worry John. I have to shower the kids by holding the shower myself and acting as the thermostat!!! It's akward. I have thought of upgrading to a thermostatic unit, you can get them.

http://www. caravan-components. co. uk/epages/BT2955. sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT2955/Categories/Shower-Taps-Mixer-Taps-Thermostatic-Tap

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have one in the conqueror, but as I found out, you do need decent water pressure to make them work properly, before I upgraded my pump, the water just dribbled out the air holes, now I find it better, but not fantastically better.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630