Rimor New Polaris

Nibandlin

Hi My name is Nibby David, My wife Linda and I Live in Lyme Bay East Devon. We are new caravanners but had 3 lovely years with our Pennine folding camper. We wanted a 4 berth caravan that had a fixed double bed and was light enough for our Renault Scenic Mk3 Dci which we love. I joined this forum simply to put right some bad press bloggs which showed up when I did a search on Rimor caravans these bloggs came during 2010 the year they were imported by 3 counties caravans. The headlines of the first blogg is warning people against buying a Rimor because of alledged attrocious build quality? My caravan was the New Polaris 480 which caravan industry journalists reviewed, There was no mention of poor build quality, most were impressed by the huge bed and classy interior lighting. Four years down the line this van still looks new inside and out everything works and I have a one year warranty. The elledged faulty Rimor New Polaris 420 Jockey wheel collapsed (Al-ko) The water connector fittings melted on the water heater melted(Truma)and the skylight broke (Heiki) none of these items are built by Rimor. Sadly, only the first batch of New Polaris's came to the UK during 2010 as the importer went bankrupt before the 2011 models came here 2011 models were to have had a radome style tv antenae and duel electric/gas Truma heating mine's gas. There must be at least 4 other New Polaris's in the UK ?

Polaris? What were the other models - trident, skud, cruise and SeaCat? Not to mention the top of the range the Rimor manhattan project!