Winter Sites In Spain

Travelling from Santander via Zaragoza to Benidorm area.

Travelling 5th Jan 2014 . Any sites about half way to Zaragoza

I realize De Haro is closed

I know the route well. There is nothing en-route available in winter to my knowledge. You may have a good reason to want an extra overnight stay, but the route to Zaragoza is a doddle from Santander in half a day, and even if you arrive a bit late the site and surrounding area is well lit.

Ern

Zaragoza site open all year and as said can be reached in half a day. the only issue might be what time the ferry docks and getting to site in the dark. If you do please use coordinates as the postcode will lead you astray as you can't see the site from where it will take you in the dark.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Hi we did a similar journey this year to Alicante we took a different route Santander to Burgos,Burgos to Aranjuez the down thru Albacte to Alicante the you can't take the A7 to Benidorm we took this route as there are good sites at Burgos and Aranjuez it does mean traversing Madrid but there is a good ring road

Riaza on the A1 is open all year. BUT remember jan 5th is the Spanish bank holiday ( the 3 kings )possibly the

biggest holiday of the year. Wherever you book do ask if they are open on the 5th.

Its the equivalent of our Christmas day. ;):)

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Hi we did a similar journey this year to Alicante we took a different route Santander to Burgos,Burgos to Aranjuez the down thru Albacte to Alicante the you can't take the A7 to Benidorm we took this route as there are good sites at Burgos and Aranjuez it does mean traversing Madrid but there is a good ring road

If you take the M50 out towards the airport it only adds about 10 miles on but keeps you well clear of then city traffic

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

We have stayed at Camping Riaza and Aranjuez whilst breaking the journey from Santander/Bilbao to Alicante. Both sites are acceptable for an overnight stay but I'm not too sure that out of season I'd stay for longer.

Riaza has a very good toilet block but the pitches can be very soft if there has been rain. It has a shop and a restaurant although we've not used either. Much of the site is comprised of chalets which do not seem to be as well cared for or smart as we've seen on other sites

Aranjuez has potential but seems a bit neglected. The pitch we were allocated was much used and the grass worn off. The toilet block nearest was closed for the winter and the other a little walk away was acceptable bout nothing special.

In both cases I think the reviews in the ACSI website are a little generous - but I stress that we visited each for one night only and out of season and didn't explore the surrounding areas, so please view my comments with that in mind. As has been stated above I'd use the map reference to approach the sites (particularly Aranjuez) as the post code isn't very precise

We have stayed at Camping Riaza and Aranjuez whilst breaking the journey from Santander/Bilbao to Alicante. Both sites are acceptable for an overnight stay but I'm not too sure that out of season I'd stay for longer.

Riaza has a very good toilet block but the pitches can be very soft if there has been rain. It has a shop and a restaurant although we've not used either. Much of the site is comprised of chalets which do not seem to be as well cared for or smart as we've seen on other sites

Aranjuez has potential but seems a bit neglected. The pitch we were allocated was much used and the grass worn off. The toilet block nearest was closed for the winter and the other a little walk away was acceptable bout nothing special.

In both cases I think the reviews in the ACSI website are a little generous - but I stress that we visited each for one night only and out of season and didn't explore the surrounding areas, so please view my comments with that in mind. As has been stated above I'd use the map reference to approach the sites (particularly Aranjuez) as the post code isn't very precise

You found a pitch with grass on in Spain :D:D

You found a pitch with grass on in Spain :D:D

:D:D:D:goodpost:

Steve (BroGoat)

travel blog - www. adventure-before-dementia. co. uk

Depends what time you dock at Santander. If you arrive 5pm ish go to El Huegro about 20mins away and stay the night. If you arrive 11-12 0`clock am then Zaragoza is quite easy to do in one go. Lovely empty dual carriageway all the way.