Gaslite Price Difference

mickfishing

Just back from 12 days in cornwall noticed a price difference between normal 6kilo and gaslite 6kilo bottles £16 x £22 any one any idea why as content is the same and to fill would be same operation I think ????

now retired and loving it

The lite bottle have a little guage on them and can be as rare as rocking horse poo so simple supply and demand is my guess, and when Calor controls the supply. .....

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

So like it or lump it (big business rip the customer off again ?)

now retired and loving it

There has always been a premium of £2 extra on a Calorlite Cylinder and the difference you quote is very big.

The current price is £23 I believe.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Swap to safe fill and save a fortune

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Was that from the same retailer, still I find gas good value as it seems to last us ages.

Price isn't being queried - the price difference is

We swapped to Safefill and to fill a 10kg bottle from empty cost us £14. 50. Refills average at about £9 so quite a saving even if it takes us 2 - 3 years to recoup our outlay.

For many like us - we use 1 maybe 2, 6kg bottles a year so safefill would be huge outlay and long payback period

For many like us - we use 1 maybe 2, 6kg bottles a year so safefill would be huge outlay and long payback period

Ditto. It would take us many years just to break even, and would be less convenient.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can, invest in a Safefill. 8. 6 kg. Ours was less than half full on holiday so I decided to top it up. £5. 53! Got to be the way forward if you do a bit of vanning. But it's not just about cost, the convenience factor is massive. No half filled cylinders to start a break with.

Edited by Speleccy

We swapped to Safefill and to fill a 10kg bottle from empty cost us £14. 50. Refills average at about £9 so quite a saving even if it takes us 2 - 3 years to recoup our outlay.

Don't think it is all about cost . .

I bought mine for other reasons . .

Only need to carry 1 bottle,

Carry spare wheel in space previously used by other bottle

refill when convenient at around 1/4 full

No worries about running if abroad (rare these days)

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Don't think it is all about cost . .

I bought mine for other reasons . .

Only need to carry 1 bottle,

Carry spare wheel in space previously used by other bottle

refill when convenient at around 1/4 full

No worries about running if abroad (rare these days)

We prefer to keep the 6 kg Calor Gaslite at the moment as a place to refill the Safefill bottle may be inconvenient to too far. Sods Law states that if you get rid of the Gaslite bottle, invariably you will have an issue with refilling the Safefill bottle. :D

We prefer to keep the 6 kg Calor Gaslite at the moment as a place to refill the Safefill bottle may be inconvenient to too far. Sods Law states that if you get rid of the Gaslite bottle, invariably you will have an issue with refilling the Safefill bottle. :D

Since the Disco runs on LPG I keep an eye on where LPG fill-ups are, so if heading towards a famine area, eg the north of Scotland(If my passport & vaccinations cover me in the future) I can plan my refill

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .