Service Station - Midlands - North Wales

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend a decent pro-caravan service station between the Midlands and North Wales (route is M6, M56 and A55)?

Depending on traffic we're expecting a 3. 5 - 4hr journey and I think stretching my legs might be a good idea :) .

Grateful for any recommendations.

Chris

Volvo XC90 + Swift Charisma 545

Good one on the big roundabout at Weston Rhyn a5

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Hi Chris, the only service station on the M56 is off Junc 14, we stop there quite often with our caravan as we live just off the A55 near Conwy, there is parking a area for caravans, watch out for the narrow entrance and high kerbs going into the parking area.

Unfortunately there are only fuel stops on the A55, (Qeensferry, Bodelwydden, Abergele, Penmaenmawr)

Ian

Hi Chris, the only service station on the M56 is off Junc 14, we stop there quite often with our caravan as we live just off the A55 near Conwy, there is parking a area for caravans, watch out for the narrow entrance and high kerbs going into the parking area.

Unfortunately there are only fuel stops on the A55, (Qeensferry, Bodelwydden, Abergele, Penmaenmawr)

Ian

What about the Little chef if its still called that before Abergele ?????????????? loads of room for caravans . .......... and fuel, i an park there no problems plus a dozen more .

Where is your destination ??

Ste

Edited by kobelcokid

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

On the A55, there are a couple of Littlle Chefs near Mold - we've seen caravans there when we've stopped with the motorway. The Wales bound side states "coaches welcome" so that's your clue for a good parking area.

I'm not sure it is still the Little Chef Steve, but there is a place, yes.

We go to Llandullas a lot, but park on the beach! Yes, there is room for a caravan too, plenty of space to turn

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

We're going to Tyddyn Du Touring Park, North Wales.

Pitches apparently overlook the sea, so we hope that we'll get to see it through the rain! ;)

Volvo XC90 + Swift Charisma 545

Junction 16 M6 take the Barthomely road, there is a service station and I think it's a little chef and travel lodge type, just about midway on your journey, if coming from A50 A500. Large enough area to swing the unit round and park up. Failing that Sandbach or Knutsford services

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend a decent pro-caravan service station between the Midlands and North Wales (route is M6, M56 and A55)?

Depending on traffic we're expecting a 3. 5 - 4hr journey and I think stretching my legs might be a good idea :) .

Grateful for any recommendations.

Chris

I take it there is just the 2 of you has its a Adult only site, its a good base too travel further and ABERSOCH a hours drive away and Caernarfon Castle on your door step along with Conwy Castle too . Cracking Fish and chips there plus smallest boozer in wales too.

Llanberis worth a visit for train up Snowden and only 20 min from your base .

Ste

Plenty more places to visit and Llanberis worth a visit for the Train up Snowden but not cheap .

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%