Purpleline Enduro

dtg

Message added by CT Advertising,

Purple Line LogoOur Fullstop® Security Range provides ease of use and maximum protection against cutting, drilling, gas-freezing and corrosion. With exceptional customer service and aftersales care.
Shop online today.

Hi hope someone can give an answer to this query, I have finally bought and fitted a Purple line enduro mover to my van, in the fitting kit amongst the bits and pieces there are 2 roll pins, does anyone know what they are for or where they go?

Dave

I had one and the pins were known to break, so there are now probably supplying spares when you buy it.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

I had one and the pins were known to break, so there are now probably supplying spares when you buy it.

They are probably shearing pins. If too much load is put on the mechanism, the pins break rather than doing serious damage to the mover itself.

Regards,

Jim.

Probably right as I had one go and dealer said we always have a supply of them to hand!......it took them about 10 minutes to sort.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Not giving me much confidence. ... I'm having one of these fitted on the 22nd, by a mobile fitter. All in £649 and a 5 year guarantee.

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

Hi

What you have are shear pins which are part of the hand operated motor engagement system The can be found if you remove the three allen studs which hold the actuator hex head in place. I have replaced one of these when I put too much load on the mover and it sheared. It is a fail safe device. By the way don't worry about the quality of the Enduro, I bought mine in 2007 and it is still going strong although it may look a little rusty . In that time I have replaced one shear pin, replaced the bearings on the rollers and have tightened the three allen studs previously mentioned as the have a tendency to work loose.

Regards

Sandy

Edited by sandy

Any idea of the location where they fit, picture would be good?

Dave

If you fit new tyres always adjust the mover rollers to the recommended settings, if you don't and the rollers are too close then over time the pins will shear, as do powrtouch.

I have the t shirt to prove it :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

HiWhat you have are shear pins which are part of the hand operated motor engagement system The can be found if you remove the three allen studs which hold the actuator hex head in place. I have replaced one of these when I put too much load on the mover and it sheared. It is a fail safe device. By the way don't worry about the quality of the Enduro, I bought mine in 2007 and it is still going strong although it may look a little rusty . In that time I have replaced one shear pin, replaced the bearings on the rollers and have tightened the three allen studs previously mentioned as the have a tendency to work loose. RegardsSandy

Thanks Sandy posted at the same time

Dave