New 2015 Kia Sorrento

Llew

There are photo's on Autocar of the new Sorrento which is due to make it's debut at the Paris Show later this year.

I must say, after having a look, I think it already looks dated especially against the Hyundai Santa Fe and new X-trail.

It doesn't look a lot different to the current model.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

It doesn't look a lot different to the current model.

I think you are looking at the wrong one?? Massive changes see here

http://www. carmagazine. co. uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Kia-Sorento-2015-the-first-glimpse-of-third-gen-SUV/

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Can't see it I'm afraid - an artists impression type photo which shows the car in a squashed down stance doesn't really give you a true idea.

Apart from the sleeker impression the photo's give there is not a huge difference from the current model - need proper photo's to get a real idea.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

I think this photo justifies my comments http://www. stuff. co. nz/motoring/lifestyle-vehicles/10371515/2015-Kia-Sorento-gets-new-look

Edited by springtime

Agreed.

They will need to up their customer service in Europe to make me buy another, I am not impressed with it at the moment.

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

From that picture, it's obvious that there's not much thought been put into the design. "Let's keep the current shape and bolt the front end of an old Ssangyong Korando on" looks like the brief.

The original Sorento did what it said on the tin, and was good value. It's been downhill from that point IMHO. Overpriced and certainly overrated from my admittedly limited experience.

Edited by nigel207

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

From that picture, it's obvious that there's not much thought been put into the design. "Let's keep the current shape and bolt the front end of an old Ssangyong Korando on" looks like the brief.

The original Sorento did what it said on the tin, and was good value. It's been downhill from that point IMHO. Overpriced and certainly overrated from my admittedly limited experience.

Hyundai/Kia are trying hard to move on from their old image of "cheap as chips" - unlike their cars which have different styling for each market, the Hyundai/Kia SUVs have to be sold globally in Europe, Asia and North America so styling is inevitably "transatlantic".

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Anyone drove a "new" Kia Cee'd?!

We own (wife's car) a 2007 Kia Cee'd 1. 6 CRDi LS (113bhp) and it's excellent - we looked at changing this year, as it's now approaching 7 years old - and the Cee'd 4-Tech CRDi (126bhp) was sooooo BORING - yeah, had shed loads of toys inc a heated steering wheel, but YAWN! Someone needs to re-install the engine!

I've owned a Sorento, a 56' plate XE from new - good car - shame the Gear Box collapsed at 58,000 miles with a Caravan on the back, heading to Spain!

For the price of the Current Sorento, there's prestige vehicles to be had.

Al.

It is not overpriced considering a Ford Kuga Titanium at £33250 comes with a minimal warranty. Give me a 7 year warranty any day. From the pictures, it's difficult to see anything, it's just a teaser, although the wheels look horrid IMO.

It is not overpriced and overrated and from my 3. 5 years of ownership, it has been an excellent and reliable car.

You opinion carries no real weight!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

It is not overpriced considering a Ford Kuga Titanium at £33250 comes with a minimal warranty. Give me a 7 year warranty any day. From the pictures, it's difficult to see anything, it's just a teaser, although the wheels look horrid IMO.

It is not overpriced and overrated and from my 3. 5 years of ownership, it has been an excellent and reliable car.

David

I'm sorry, but my opinion carries just as much weight as yours does!

Ok you're very happy with yours, and I'm genuinely pleased for you. Long may that continue. With regards to the picture, it's quite clear to see the shape (which looks VERY similar if not identical!) to the current model, and it's quite clear to see the front end too, so perhaps not just the "teaser" you suggest.

I have driven all models of the Sorento, and unfortunately haven't been particularly impressed with any of them. I am entitled to that opinion, just as much as you, a satisfied owner, are entitled to yours. Ownership boils down to far, far more than 3. 5 years reliability and a 7 year warranty. ;)

Edited by nigel207

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

Like David, I have been impressed by the Sorento.

I have had all three versions going back 10 years, covering over 180,000

miles

In those 10 years I had a turbo replaced under the warranty with no hassle at all.

I do agree that the prices are starting to rise and are becoming uncompetitive.

Edited by Steve W77

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

Perhaps the market needs some enterprising Chinese producer to step in, the Korean products now are over priced as is the other offerings from such as Nissan.

Over £30K for an xtrail with a average 1. 6l engine? someone is having a laugh.

Same apparently with Kuga and Honda CRV, not sure about the RAV4, Mazda CX-5 are all below £30K

If spending over £30K I would be looking at upmarket cars with less equipment.

XT,

Have you seen the Chinese Great Wall cars? Cheap as chips, would I want one, NO!!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Early Jap cars were no different, I never had any interest in Datsun, only later buying a Primera with the name change to Nissan.

I also saw no appeal with early Korean car either, they now look good but the driving experience doesn't appeal to me.

Skoda appears to be the only name that still offers a decent car at reasonable prices, along with Mazda ofcause, recently voted best manufacturer 2014 by whatcar, if that means anything.

Edited by xtrailman

David

David, I'm sure with extras you can get it up to that much but list price for a manual AWD Titanium 2ltr TDCI Kuga inc metallic paint is £26,015. Or currently £21,571 !! from drivethedeal. com.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

David, I'm sure with extras you can get it up to that much but list price for a manual AWD Titanium 2ltr TDCI Kuga inc metallic paint is £26,015. Or currently £21,571 !! from drivethedeal. com.

Wow Alan, that is one hell of a saving, will have to look at drivethedeal. com. Actually, I used the Ford list price for a Titanium X automatic as a comparison for what I would purchase if I was to buy another Kia.

David

Wow Alan, that is one hell of a saving, will have to look at drivethedeal. com. Actually, I used the Ford list price for a Titanium X automatic as a comparison for what I would purchase if I was to buy another Kia.

David

Yes David, well worth a look - a friend of mine has just saved > £5k off a 2. 2 D-CAT Invincible 5dr Auto Rav4. The cars are not pre reg and come with the full warranty. They actually are just brokered through main dealers willing to do the deal. It's the second one he has bought from them, it came from a Toyota dealer in Brighton (I think) and he lives in Lancs - his local dealer services and looks after any warranty issues without question.

Forgot to add £1k of the saving was dependant on taking a small percentage on finance, which he wanted to do anyway. If you wanted to pay cash or sort your own finance > £4k is pretty dam good anyway.

Edited by Alansl

Education is important but beer is more importanter.