Tunnel Crossing

Hi all when's the best time to book a euro tunnel crossing for next summer hols thanks and do you get any discount codes

We usually book about Christmas time and I find that the clubs are a bit cheaper. I don't know of any discount codes, but someone else might.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Don't know of any discount codes but Tesco club card points pay for our 2 crossings per year.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I don't think Eurotunnel ever offer 'discounts' except through the Tesco ClubCard scheme, which if you have enough points can pay for the whole crossing.

Usually booking as early as possible or, as said, through Tesco Clubcard.

My "how to" with Tesco/Tunnel is here if you want a read.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

We use tunnel and Tesco points. We don't shop in Tesco much but got there credit card and get points for everything we put on it. Clear it every month. Get enough points to get £100 worth which equates to £300 on tunnel and price is somewhere in that region for most expensive crossing. Use Halifax clarity when abroad for best deal on no fees.

Enjoy planning your Hols

Seesaw

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

I too don't use Tesco for the weekly shop, just for fuelling my car. How does having a Tesco credit card increase the points you get?

Autotrail Tracker FB motorhome on Fiat Ducato chassis

I too don't use Tesco for the weekly shop, just for fuelling my car. How does having a Tesco credit card increase the points you get?

Tony

For every £4 you put on the Tesco card, irrespective of what or where you receive 1 point, they soon add up.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I don't think Eurotunnel ever offer 'discounts' except through the Tesco ClubCard scheme, which if you have enough points can pay for the whole crossing.

Its funny you should say that. ....

We were booking our autumn crossing this morning and the lady was doing a sales pitch. (I haven't heard of this before!)

Apparently, you can pay in advance for 10 crossings ( = 5 return trips ) for £430. ..solo, £860. ..with caravan. This is for off peak travel . ..AND . ...you can share these crossings with other people if 5 crossings a year is too many for you.

Its effectively £43 per unit per crossing.

So that equates to £172 for a return trip with caravan.

We use Tesco vouchers so at the moment this isn't of any interest. But in contrast we have just used £100 of vouchers to get crossings cost of £300.

So for anyone not using Tesco vouchers that seems like a saving? AND you can share the crossings!

Edited by ericfield

Tony

For every £4 you put on the Tesco card, irrespective of what or where you receive 1 point, they soon add up.

Phil.

One point for every £1 on fuel at Tesco with Tesco credit card

Its funny you should say that. ....

We were booking our autumn crossing this morning and the lady was doing a sales pitch. (I haven't heard of this before!)

Apparently, you can pay in advance for 10 crossings ( = 5 return trips ) for £430. ..solo, £860. ..with caravan. This is for off peak travel . ..AND . ...you can share these crossings with other people if 5 crossings a year is too many for you.

Its effectively £43 per unit per crossing.

So that equates to £172 for a return trip with caravan.

We use Tesco vouchers so at the moment this isn't of any interest. But in contrast we have just used £100 of vouchers to get crossings cost of £300.

So for anyone not using Tesco vouchers that seems like a saving? AND you can share the crossings!

Here's the page on this from their website.

http://www. eurotunnel. com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Not as flexible as that as the booking can only be made by the account holder or a nominated person defined at account creation and they must be one of the persons travelling. :(

Here's the page on this from their website.

http://www. eurotunnel. com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Not as flexible as that as the booking can only be made by the account holder or a nominated person defined at account creation and they must be one of the persons travelling. :(

Ah. ..better keep saving the Tesco vouchers then.