Avondale Perle Water Supply

Jennyp2

Hi there, we purchase our first caravan an Avondale Custom Perle 88AV663289 at the end of last year. We haven't connected the water supply yet but really want to but i cant find where you plug it in. I have looked all over & under with the joy. Hope somebody can help. Any other information on the model would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I can remember on our 1988 Perle Olympus Custom DD6 the original waste outlets for the two sinks were immediately behind the offside wheel, and the water inlet was just forward of the wheel at floor level. I'm a little uncertain, as I modified ours using domestic plastic drainpipe to improve the drainage rate, and also re-routed the cold water supply pipe.

Gordon.

1988 Olympus.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I have 2 pipes at back but can't figure out how to post on here?

can't figure out how to post on here?

Click on the word "Help" at the bottom of the page, then scroll down to "Posting" and all will be revealed :D

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have recently bought what I believe to be an Avondale Perle Olympus.

I have had absolutely no experience of caravans at all. It's quite like that my husband may divorce me over this van! But it was cheap & looked & smelt ok. I'm a glass half full kinda girl and figure with the help of family & friends my husband will grow to love this caravan as much as me & the kids do!

I'm wondering how & what am a looking for to get water into the van.

1) there's a square plastic cover on the side of the caravan which says inlet, please can someone help me find out how to use this or connect to it so we can if we wish have some running water.

2) There is also a foot pump under the sink with a pipe located near it.

Also if there are anyone of you that have or know how I can get some instructions for this caravan please can you let me know.

Many thanks

Lisa

Hi,

I have recently bought what I believe to be an Avondale Perle Olympus.

I have had absolutely no experience of caravans at all. It's quite like that my husband may divorce me over this van! But it was cheap & looked & smelt ok. I'm a glass half full kinda girl and figure with the help of family & friends my husband will grow to love this caravan as much as me & the kids do!

I'm wondering how & what am a looking for to get water into the van.

1) there's a square plastic cover on the side of the caravan which says inlet, please can someone help me find out how to use this or connect to it so we can if we wish have some running water.

2) There is also a foot pump under the sink with a pipe located near it.

Also if there are anyone of you that have or know how I can get some instructions for this caravan please can you let me know.

Many thanks

Lisa

Thinking back to when we owned our 1988 Perle Olympus DD6, as far as I can recall, the water inlet was on the offside near to the axle, and was a simple hose inlet with a non-return-valve mounted in the end of the hose that went into the Aquaroll. The electric water pump was mounted on the nearside of the caravan, below the kitchen sink, where there was also a manual pump that was used to prime the (cold water only) water system. There was a brown plastic foot switch on the floor in front of the kitchen cupboards, that operated the electric water pump. The 'Whale Tuckaway' faucets in the kitchen, and above the handbasin in the loo compartment both also had a valve mounted at the outlets, so that water only came out of the one open tap when the pump was operated.

Water - 1984 Perle inlet.jpg

Behind the water inlet will look the same as this water outlet.

Water outlet.jpg

The actual pump could be one of several designs.

It may be a simple mechanical pump like this, where the body of the pump is inside the kitchen base unit, and the pedal protrudes over the carpet.

water pump 3.jpg

It may be mounted through the floor in front of the kitchen unit, and look like this.

water pump 4.jpg

It may also be an inline electric pump, operated either by a push button of the front of the kitchen unit, or a plastic pedal switch screwed to the floor.

water pump 7.jpg

If it is electrical, it will also need a priming pump, possibly mounted inside the unit like this. This pump may also be used on its own to provide foot-pumped water only.

water pump 6.jpg

Looking at the picture you emailed to me, it looks very much like you have a 1984 model Olympus, the same style as the Perle picture from the 1984 Avondale sales brochure.

1984 Perle.jpg

Gordon.