Back From Sarlat

Hi all just back from 22 nights in the dordogne,fantastic holiday weather was a mixed bag but visited some amazing places,journey home really scary weather was awfull to say the least,severe storms and wind etc,crossed this morning was thrown about so no more boats for us tunnel is the future lol but loved it thanks to everyone who answers my posts over the last year,now to plan for next year 😜😜😜 thinking of carnac south brittany

Hf. Head slightly further south and the weather may be a bit more consistent for you. Doubt that the journey will be any longer either

Sarlat and the surrounding area is one of our favourite areas in France.

Carnac is 30 mins south of us and has lovely beaches if that's what you are after but not as many attractions as the Dordogne. Just depends what type of holiday you want.

Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I sit and listen. Sometimes I sit and watch. Most times I just sit.

My blog of our 2012 trip might interest you. We stayed on a site on Douarnenez Bay right next to the beach. It is a bit south of Carnac but not too far for a day trip.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Hi how do I take a look at your blog thanks

Its in their signature which you may not see on mobile version of site

http://jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com/

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

We're on site at la yole in st jean de monts and can't fault it. Weather aside, its a great place for the family. Pools (one for baby too), plus water slides. Restaurant, bar and kids club too. Just make sure you choose a sunny pitch at the top of the site furthest away from the reception as the shady ones in my eyes are a bit compact/on top of each other. St jean de monts has a fab beach and lots to do, plus really good cycle paths only a few hundred metres from the site.

Other place I've heard is camping bel in tranche sur mer. We went there yesterday, and its a beautiful town with beach. Its one we would have looked at for next year, but read somewhere that they can't take units over 7m, so that's out for us. Pity as it looked a good site for a young family, and the town/beach were beautiful. Distance wise its about 50 miles further south from st jean, which in turn is about 50 miles or so south of Carnac (as the crow flies), but tbh, once you get on the motorways from Nantes you soon cut through the miles

We are currently at the south of France, it's 36c today but that's the hottest it's been - everyday has been wall to wall sun 30c

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

We are currently at the south of France, it's 36c today but that's the hottest it's been - everyday has been wall to wall sun 30c

No need to rub it in, it's been a dry and barmy 24 deg c in the Dordougne today. .....

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Hi how do I take a look at your blog thanks

Thanks Sunshine Tours for telling Happy feet. Having reread my blog I realise that Carnac is actually south of Douarnenez Bay not the other way round but the blog covers the area and the site Treguer Plage is great for families although we actually visited Carnac from the site we stayed on near Sarzeau.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

We don't no really where to go in south Brittany but started with carnac as a starter if any of you guys think there's nicer places plz share dordogne was the first time over the water thanks

No need to rub it in, it's been a dry and barmy 24 deg c in the Dordougne today. .....

Lucky to get much north of 20 here today in the vendee. Rain most of the day. ..

We don't no really where to go in south Brittany but started with carnac as a starter if any of you guys think there's nicer places plz share dordogne was the first time over the water thanks

Having now done both I would do the dordogne all day long again. Even if the weather is mixed it's at least 5 degs warmer than Brittany and no wind.

Lucky to get much north of 20 here today in the vendee. Rain most of the day. ..

Have to say even though we have had our fair share of rain it's warm enough without having to worry about the kids or that you will start crotch pot cooking if you sit still for too long.

Forecast is not good for the rest of the week though.

Head south it's a guarantee!

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Head south it's a guarantee!

It's not all bad, suns shinning, BBQ lit and just about to pop the top off a magners pear with ice whilst I wait for the BBQ to get going.

It's not all bad, suns shinning, BBQ lit and just about to pop the top off a magners pear with ice whilst I wait for the BBQ to get going.

Sounds nice mike, it's gin fiz night here! BBQ eta is around 8. 30pm. We are heading north Friday :(

Sounds nice mike, it's gin fiz night here! BBQ eta is around 8. 30pm. We are heading north Friday :(

Saturday morning for us, I can feel the depression starting to creep in. .... 😢