Pin Parasol Or Les Brunelles In Vendee?

I am in a dilemma about which to choose for early September. Has any one been and can offer some advice please.

Dave

Went to Pin Parasol at the start of July. Would certainly recommend. Nice site, good facilities, friendly staff/people. Haven't been to Les Brunelles so can't offer you a comparison, but can say we enjoyed our week at le Pin parasol and would happily go back. If you do go, just be aware of the tight turn to get in to the site from the parking area. Have to leave the van in the parking area when you arrive, to book in. ...I managed to catch a tree on the way in trying to get the swing round to get through the entrance. ...only scratched the van, but worth pointing out.

Went to Pin Parasol at the start of July. Would certainly recommend. Nice site, good facilities, friendly staff/people. Haven't been to Les Brunelles so can't offer you a comparison, but can say we enjoyed our week at le Pin parasol and would happily go back. If you do go, just be aware of the tight turn to get in to the site from the parking area. Have to leave the van in the parking area when you arrive, to book in. ...I managed to catch a tree on the way in trying to get the swing round to get through the entrance. ...only scratched the van, but worth pointing out.

Thanks for the advice. .just caught my wing on a tree in France entering a site so I am good at that!!

I have heard very good reports about the Pin Parasol and how good it is for children from another forum I was a member of for a while. So much so we have booked for August 2015 already for 3 weeks. .. our first foray abroad with the caravan.

Have you booked? I spent 2 weeks at Les Brunelles in June and the swimming complex was first class for any age of children. We had a fully serviced pitch and they do vary in size. Facilities good and there was an adult only swimming pool which was relaxingly quiet.

Restaurant on site had some good offers when we were there and the mules was an enormous helping, missing them already!!

Lot of statics but even in the beginning of July many were empty and the site was very pleasantly full and of course it is near the sea, so you can walk through the trees or take the car, as there will be loads of parking in September.

Cheers Anorak

Swift Sprite Alpine 4 + Ford Kuga Titanium 2. 0 TDCI 180

Restaurant on site had some good offers when we were there and the mules was an enormous helping, missing them already!!

The expression " I could eat a horse" comes to mind.

Presume you meant moules

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

If you have an ACSI card, La Domaine de Beaulieu at Givrand takes some beating - stay 14 nights pay for 10, 12euro pn!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I am in a dilemma about which to choose for early September. Has any one been and can offer some advice please.

Dave

Pin Parasol, excellent site, stayed 2 weeks last year, nice heated out door pools, good english and vey helpful.

The owner of the site had a stand at the NEC last October and took the time to speak.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Brunelles may be on my short list next year ;) Looks a great family site

Bizarre. Was looking at this the other day!

Bizarre. Was looking at this the other day!

See you there next year. I will bring the Chilled V & C and beer to you next time ;)

See you there next year. I will bring the Chilled V & C and beer to you next time ;)

Same time???

My only issue with it, is that its 75 a night for 4 of you!!!

Edited by milkymarsh

In the area now, went to Pin Parasol, it was still rammed with families, le Garangoire was very poor, so ended up at Brettoniere in St Julien. Fantastic pitches all 150sq m or more and grass not mud. Nice pool. Owners very helpful. In fact so good that we rented a chalet for my brother and his wife to come this Saturday for week at a price of 150 euros! Flight from Gatwick £99 return.

At the moment we are one of only 12 occupied pitches (out of 165) everything still open, pool to ourselves

Dave

Have a look at domaine de beaulieu at Givrand. Fraction of the prices quoted above. Lovely site, delightful management.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Can anyone tell me what the pitch sizes are like at Brunelles? Their website states 100m2, which seems quite 'cosy'?

Can anyone tell me what the pitch sizes are like at Brunelles? Their website states 100m2, which seems quite 'cosy'?

Went to see them yesterday, most pitches are quite "tight" although there are some larger premium cost pitches

Dave

Hi

We've been to Les Brunelles twice over the last 3 years - both times last week June first week July and used camping cheques. Both times used the larger more private pitches at the far end (top) Pitch numbers around 199, 197 etc. They are hedged and good sizes Although you may need to use a mover to position your van. Offering full drainage and water we have not paid extra even after saying we were prepared to,to get the pitch we want. The staff are really easy going and want to accommodate. We have used the sat pm ferry Portsmouth to Caen and driven during the night arriving at the site around midnight. There is a big car park opposite the entrance where we've slept until morning then I've gone and checked pitch availability by walking the site jotting choices to request when the office opens at 9am Sunday. Normally in and set up having a coffee and a chill before 11. 00.

Site has excellent facilities, pools are great and although it's a big site going before full season it's not full and you don't feel crowded.

Hope this helps

Ken