Full Awning For Compass Corona 524 Year 2005

ailral

Hello

Can anyone advise please, i'm looking to buy an awning for my compass corona 524, the handbook for the caravan says i need an awning size 984, i emailed Dorema to ask them what size they recommend and they said 975, is this correct will it not be too short? If i go with the 984cms what actual size do i buy the awning? i can see awnings 975 - 1000 will that not be too big. Hope someone can help, i've seen an awning locally on gumtree which is a 975 but worried about buying it incase it's too small.

Many thanks

Ailral

975 will be a very near perfect fit.

975 = 32ft

984 = 32ft 3. 1/2in

1000 = 32ft 10in

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I have a compass magnum which is a dealer version of the corona, although mines a 2003 model, according to the handbook Awning size ground to ground is 9431mm or 30'11" in old money

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Thanks for getting back to me, my hand book states the size I've quoted so they can't be the same caravan sizes.

Cheers for working out the size for me seems the one I've seen will do the trick then.

• 6 years later...

Hi, have a Magnum mendip compass 2005 which states an awning lenght of 973cms. Not sure if this is ground to ground lenght or straight upper rail lenght. I have sourced a 2nd hand awning for a Bailey's Pagaent 534 which has a ground to ground lenght of 1025-1050cms which is longer. My question is does the fit need to be snug or is slack workable?

Awning lengths are always ground to ground through the awning rail.

You need to be very close in size.

Your 2nd hand awning is no good as it is half a meter or more too long. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

7 hours ago, Simone said:

Hi, have a Magnum mendip compass 2005 which states an awning lenght of 973cms. Not sure if this is ground to ground lenght or straight upper rail lenght. I have sourced a 2nd hand awning for a Bailey's Pagaent 534 which has a ground to ground lenght of 1025-1050cms which is longer. My question is does the fit need to be snug or is slack workable?

As mentioned above, 1025-1050cms will be far too big and won’t fit. Awnings usually come as an upper and lower size. Preferably source one where your requirement is mid way between the stated sizes. I would be looking for something like a 960-990cm awning or similar. Some manufacturers quote an awning size as a (meaningless) number, eg. Size 14, but the manufacturers web site will tell you what range this equates to.

Edited by GaryB1969

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB