Truma Ultraheat Questions.

MonkeyMark

I am about to install the UltraHeat add on in my Adria shortly and, as always, Its got me thinking. :ph34r:

I'm hoping someone may be able to answer these seemingly random technical questions.

The external temperature sensor. Is it simply a thermistor and does it need to be of a certain type?

Does anyone happen to know what the pin outs are or the functions of each of the 8(?) wires that go between the ultraheat circuit board and the thermostat/control?

I asked Truma themselves but they wouldn't answer. Simply said to send my item off for repair, which is no help for me. :D

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

I happen to know man who does know and he also sells the remote temperature sensor he also knows the best place to fit them,

Next question :)

Ok it's Gary at arcsystems. biz :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I happen to know man who does know and he also sells the remote temperature sensor he also knows the best place to fit them,

I believe I asked Gary this question, or one very similar a couple of months ago via pm but got no reply.

The reason im trying to get these details is for a possible wireless conversion.

Edited by MonkeyMark

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

I believe I asked Gary this question, or one very similar a couple of months ago via pm but got no reply.

The reason im trying to get these details is for a possible wireless conversion.

The remote sensor should be pushed into the jack plug socket at the back of the control board and the sensor should be fastened to the gas sensor at the bottom of the fire.

Not too sure but think it was a 10k thermistor that was used, I would check on that one

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

The remote sensor should be pushed into the jack plug socket at the back of the control board and the sensor should be fastened to the gas sensor at the bottom of the fire.

Not too sure but think it was a 10k thermistor that was used, I would check on that one

Thanks Paul.

My next task is to try and find the functions of each of the 10 coloured wires in the PCB-thermostat cable. :unsure:

My next task is to try and find the functions of each of the 10 coloured wires in the PCB-thermostat cable. :unsure:

Received an email from Truma stating that information is not available.

• 3 weeks later...

I got one from Gary and it is easy to fit, worked a treat

Edited by Marc Rigden

2014 VW Passat 2. 0TDI pulling a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 460/4.

Life is good when away caravanning