Does Size Matter?

Steamdrivenandy

We're thinking of swapping from a 2012 Quasar 464 to a 2013 Quasar 524.

Current van has an Isabella 900 size awning and the 524 is supposed to have a 925. In English money that's 6ins difference, or 3ins per side. Would I be able to get away with using the 900 and saving the cost and hassle of buying and selling or altering?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

It would sit 3" higher at each end on the van. If you have a long flap on the bottom this may take up the three inches. Ideally you should change it, but I would hang on to it for now and try it when you get the van. Nothing lost then if you are happy with the look of it.

Trevor.

Suck it and see. It may be a bit tight or it may just fit, it depends upon exactly how big the rail is. The Isabell 900 is designed to fit a rail with a length up to 912. 5cm and is a bit tight at that size. A 925 is designed to fit up to 937. 5cm so it is possible that your 900 awning could be up to nearly 8 inches a side bigger that the actual length of the awning.

If you try it and it is tight, you can get it lengthened to fit for about £100.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

That seems like a plan gentlemen. Thank you very much.

Hi SDA Does this help visually? My Caravan is 900cm. The first photo is what you would

find using your current awning on your new van

post-52060-0-24000600-1407771998_thumb.jpg

The second photo is the fit if you changed to a 925cm

post-52060-0-38960100-1407772040_thumb.jpg

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Your current van has an a measurement of 890cm, the quasar 524 has an a measurement of 936cm. Consider how your present awning fits and consider what it would be like if each end was 23cm higher up. My van has an a meaurement of 937cm and the 925cm awning that was recommended for it was much too tight for it. I returned the awning and the dealer searched out and found me a 940cm awning that is a perfect fit.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Mmmm! A foot higher at each end is a fair old bit, isn't it. So I have to assume that a 925 would be a bit of a stretch and that's why Isabella list a 524 as '925/940'?

They have said they can adjust to fit in 4 weeks at a cost of £285. I believe there's a firm in Burton OT who are a fair bit cheaper.

Maybe now is the time to opt for a good size porch, although the 2012 Lunar brochure said neither Magnum or Minor would fit my current van.

Mmmm! A foot higher at each end is a fair old bit, isn't it. So I have to assume that a 925 would be a bit of a stretch and that's why Isabella list a 524 as '925/940'?

They have said they can adjust to fit in 4 weeks at a cost of £285. I believe there's a firm in Burton OT who are a fair bit cheaper.

Maybe now is the time to opt for a good size porch, although the 2012 Lunar brochure said neither Magnum or Minor would fit my current van.

I can highly recommend the Kampa Rally Ace 400. http://www. kampa. co. uk/lightweight-awnings/rally-ace

4m long and has a veranda style front that extends out across the centre to 3m

Is that with a big swing and a harmonica GPS? :D

Is that with a big swing and a harmonica GPS? :D

We prefer the sun loungers and a sun downer G&T, I can provide the harmonica and/or guitar if required as I carry both in the caravan.

We're thinking of swapping from a 2012 Quasar 464 to a 2013 Quasar 524.

Current van has an Isabella 900 size awning and the 524 is supposed to have a 925. In English money that's 6ins difference, or 3ins per side. Would I be able to get away with using the 900 and saving the cost and hassle of buying and selling or altering?

925cm minus 900cm is 25cm or 10'' not 6''

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Sorry, I said I was Imperial inside :):):) Metric still gets me fuddled.

We have a harmonica and guitar playing lodger who occasionally joins us in the van. Looks like we have the beginnings of a band.