Tomtom Go 600

phil1041

I am considering upgrading to one of these from my present XXL, mainly for the larger screen and the lifetime map updates.

I understand that to get the live traffic info you connect the TomTom via Bluetooth to your smartphone, does this mean then that you can no longer use your phone hands free in the car if receiving data for the sat nav, does anyone know please?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I have the TomTom Go 600. I use an IPhone 4 to connect to bluetooth Internet. Works with handsfree at same time. Just make sure you have internet tethering enabled on your account

Thanks for the above I have a Galaxy S4 anyone know how I switch on internet tethering please?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

• 7 months later...

Hi

On home screen tap menu key.

Tap settings.

Under connections tab select more networks.

Tap tethering and portable hotspot.

Choice of wifi hotspot or bluetooth tethering - for bluetooth tethering tap bluetooth tethering - it now allows connected device to use phone internet connection.

Wifi hotspot allows connected devices to use phone wifi link.

Hope this helps.

Watch battery drain though.

Thanks

Peter