Northern Spain/ South France

We are looking at North Spain or Southern France. Looking for family orientated sites near beaches. We will be sailing to Bilbao. Any suggestions please

Look at the les Barcares area, about 10 miles north of Perpignan. Lots of superb sites there, good facilities for children, and close to the beaches. We spent June there this year.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Might be worth costing up the Caen crossing if looking at southern France or northern Spain as you will still have 400mile+ of driving from Bilbao port to those areas. Its "only" just over 600 miles from Caen so depending on hwo you like driving could be one overnighter in France

Also looking at similar areas next year (probably Spain) and looking at various options as we live pretty close to the Dover area for cheaper crossings but longer driving obviously

Quite a few nice looking sites round Bay of Roses area and further south towards Barcelona

If using the Bilbao crossing then for similar mileage you could look at below Barcelona and coast further down towards Valencia area

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I shall be going here in 3 weeks time, cracking site on the beach in that area (Rosas).

http://www. campingamfora. com/en/index. htm

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Are we looking at the right area? Suggestions so far have been Mediterranean. Sailing to Bilbao, then, to me Northern Spain is the Costa Verde, Asurias Cantabria and Galicia, while Southern France is the Biarritz area. Where are you aiming at Martin?

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

http://www. almata. com/en/

Nautic Almata. ........been there. ....not through Spain though. ......right through middle of France taking three days.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

It would be Northern Spain for me lots of sites around Laredo, Santona only 30/40 miles from Bilbao.

One of our favourites is Las Hortensias at La Franca near Llanes, hotel restaurant next door that gives discount to campers and 100m from a superb beach and bay.

I can bet my bottom dollar it'll be Northern Spain, the boss speaks Spanish. Don't want a to bigger drive from Bilbao