Flat Battery

dizzywun

Hi All, I bought a new Swift Freeway 584 10 weeks ago. All went fairly well until this weekend, when I went to pick it up from storage the battery was dead flat after leaving it for 3 weeks. This van has a built in 40w solar panel that has previously fully recharged the battery when in storage. I replaced the battery and everything performed as normal. The battery was a brand new 115 AH unit.

We had shut the van down as normal and nothing was left turned on although the fridge had some water in the freezer box suggesting that it had possibly been turned on then defrosted (my wife thoroughly cleans the fridge and dries it out when put into storage). We have never used it on 12v and when I started it up on Friday it fired up on gas which it defaulted to from previous use. All very strange. I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem or could shed some light on it. As far as I know the only load left on the battery when the panel is off is the alarm and the tracker but the solar panel should easily handle this especially considering the amount of intense sunshine we have had in the last few weeks.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

I have the same problem with my battery. If you have a removable radio facia, take it out, the memory

uses power. Fed up with this battery drain, I disconnected the positive terminal, and the battery remained fully

charged. I know it does not solve the problem, and I cannot use the alarm. but it is one answer.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Have you checked that the solar panel and/or regulator are still good. When not connected to EHU you should get about 13. 5 volts at the battery if all is working correctly.

Land Rover is now back towing.

You say all power off, but did you make sure that the Black button on the consumer unit under seat was in the up position, as if not power is still going to fridge control panel and radio etc and will run down more than solar panel puts in. I found this out when i first had my van.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto