Tyres From Costco

Marks

I got new tyres from Costco today, 4 x Michelin's for my TA, I thought I would let you know the experience, firstly they have the cleanest tyre bay I have ever seen. I make my enquiry, after some uming and arring from the first chap, the manager got involved, they are quite strict on public access to the bay area, so we suggested we could move it into the bay using the movers, he was quite intrigued by this, this is because, it was raining cats and dogs outside and they tell me they would normally do it in the car park in a roped off section. One of the reasons I went to Costco is that they have a massive car park with easy access to the tyre bay, can you imagine a TA caravan on the front of the average kwikfit fit! The other is the pricing, very competitive.

Anyway, I looped around the car park and aligned my self with the door to the bay, and he went on to direct me right inside, everything I asked or told them, was taken on board, jacking points (they took very seriously) wheel nut torque and pressures, the latter points written down on the worksheet, I then went to the tyre showroom and picked the actual tyres for them to use, the oldest one was week 20 of this year, they were done in 30 mins while we ate pizza in the main shop.

As I left I asked how many caravans they had done, this was the second, they did it very well, they also said, a lot of customers don't even know they do tyres.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

I always buy my car tyres at Costco. Great tyres, great service and cheap prices. Only thing that surprises some people(at first anyway!) is that if you only want 2 tyres, they insist on fitting them to the rear, but will change the wheels round and rebalance the ones being swapped free of charge. Everything about Costco is based on great Customer Service, if only all retailers were like this. ....

Only thing that surprises some people(at first anyway!) is that if you only want 2 tyres, they insist on fitting them to the rear,

I think this is considered good practice, rather than tyre rotation, whether it is front or rear wheel drive. Best tyres should be on the rear. Kwik-Fit have this page:

http://www. kwik-fit. com/tyre-rotation. asp

Plenty will disagree though.

Gordon

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

And if you can choose the time when you buy your tyres they often have extra discounts or cash back offers for buying 4.

I certainly agree about their customer service - I wish other businesses would try as hard to please the customer

I had mine changed at Costco a while ago. I pre-ordered the tyres to be sure they were in, chose a quiet afternoon, and left the caravan attached to the car. I chose to do the jacking (though they were happy to).

Very easy. The only thing that emerged was they were surprised that caravans didn't have spigot rings to hold the wheels in position when they were being tightened. "the lack of spigot rings could easily lead to the wheel not being quite centred, and to wheels coming off". But that's a different story!

Yeah, We always get our car tyres from Costco. Great service and price!

We actually had a set of 4 replaced on our Volvo a few years ago, after we queried something else, and it was discovered that the tyres they had originally fitted 3 months earlier were underrated for our car. This was despite it being Me who had actually specified the tyres I wanted fitting at the time.

They said, they should have checked with the Michelin book that they were ok for our car, and so they held themselves responsible for fitting incorrect tyres. How's that for good service?

Next year when our van is due we will certainly go to Costco.

Just an additional note. ....

When Costco have there offers on for tyres. You do NOT need to buy all the same size, nor do you need to have them all fitted at the same time. Useful if you have 2 cars or only need 2 replacing at a time. As long as you have your receipt they will fit them at a later date.

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70

Yeah, We always get our car tyres from Costco. Great service and price!

We actually had a set of 4 replaced on our Volvo a few years ago, after we queried something else, and it was discovered that the tyres they had originally fitted 3 months earlier were underrated for our car. This was despite it being Me who had actually specified the tyres I wanted fitting at the time.

They said, they should have checked with the Michelin book that they were ok for our car, and so they held themselves responsible for fitting incorrect tyres. How's that for good service?

Next year when our van is due we will certainly go to Costco.

Just an additional note. ....

When Costco have there offers on for tyres. You do NOT need to buy all the same size, nor do you need to have them all fitted at the same time. Useful if you have 2 cars or only need 2 replacing at a time. As long as you have your receipt they will fit them at a later date.

Further to this, we bought and paid for some tyres at our local Costco - Newcastle upon Tyne - and then our daughter went to the Birmingham branch and had the tyres fitted to her car.

I cannot praise their helpfulness and good service too highly

Am in the market for 4 new tyres for my tug but Costco won;t tell me how much they would be if I was a member! I see that it is £20 membership but would like to know beforehand. Could I be cheeky and ask one of you who is a member to find out for me when you have a minute? I need 4 off 205 55 R16. Thanks very much.

Do they fit tyres to wheels that have Tyron Bands fitted??

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Am in the market for 4 new tyres for my tug but Costco won;t tell me how much they would be if I was a member! I see that it is £20 membership but would like to know beforehand. Could I be cheeky and ask one of you who is a member to find out for me when you have a minute? I need 4 off 205 55 R16. Thanks very much.

If you go to customer services they will normally give you a day pass. You can go in the store and browse, but I don't think you can buy. You can work out if it would be worthwhile to join.

I will look at prices next time I go but it could be a couple of weeks!

Best time to buy is when they have offers, usually 25% off.

The tyres they sell are all Michelin's

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70

Costco are fine but its not the path to cheap living. I use it for bulk items, those things like soap powder, dishwasher tablets, toilet paper, kitchen roll. The sort of things that fill a supermarket trolley before youve even looked at food and drink. Their steaks and beef in general are good. More like buying at a butchers than a supermarket, but Ive never bought tyres from them as I find I can do as well elsewhere. Must admit their tyre bay is pristine and shiny. Cleaner than A&E at the ERI.

Both my nearest Costco have tyre bays outside the members secure area and will give prices without seeing a card.

205/55 x 16 Michelin £74. 38 Bridgestone £68. 38 with new valves, balancing and VAT inclusive

I spent a whole evening researching the cheapest on line supplier for my Pirellis.

Blackcircles, Fi Autocentres and Halfords Autocentres (special discount at moment) came out cheapest within a few pence of each other.

Today I was passing a family owned tyre fitting business in my town. I have used them in the past, so I called in to ask their price. Without any mention of the Internet prices I have researched. ....they volunteered a price that was less than all those I had dragged up. Having them fitted tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to ask.

Edited by ericfield

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is considered good practice, rather than tyre rotation, whether it is front or rear wheel drive. Best tyres should be on the rear. Kwik-Fit have this page:

http://www. kwik-fit. com/tyre-rotation. asp

Plenty will disagree though.

Gordon

Yes, I do disagree. To me steering is more important than a backslide

Both my nearest Costco have tyre bays outside the members secure area and will give prices without seeing a card.

205/55 x 16 Michelin £74. 38 Bridgestone £68. 38 with new valves, balancing and VAT inclusive

Event tyres, available at home or wherever you want them with superb service and great fitters. Michelin £74. 68 Bridgestone £65. 48.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Never mind about tyres, what about Costco cakes - lovely!! Also buy our meat and fish from there. Great store, nice people. Will look at tyres next time around.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

• 1 month later...

Last year Costco didn't have tyres to fit my Galaxy. They said the manufacturer was changing the range and couldn't even give a price. Some weeks later I managed to get a quote from them at $145ish.

Went on asda tyre site and ordered goodyears for around $100. Bonus was that they elected a garage very close by. Couldn't beat the price anywhere else at the time.

Membership price has risen over the last few years and I am now a second class member. Think this means I cannot shop with them before lunch which could mean a lengthy wait for tyre fitting.

Would still look for quote from them next time.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

why do people buy tyres for a caravan that cost so much ?

Because they are better

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

http://www. oponeo. co. uk/tyre-finder/s=3/summer,winter,all-season/t=1/car/p=1/michelin/r=1/205-55-r16

There are a lot of Michelins of that size! Which would you like? I use these people exclusively now and have a local fitter who does the fitting when they are delivered to his premises.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.