Super Sprite Musketeer - How Old?

IainH

Hi Everyone,

I have a Super Sprite Musketeer, bought on eBay seven years ago for £325. 00.

It's in pretty good nick for its age (there's still paint on the road springs!) but I don't know how old it is.

I attach a photo of the drawbar plate which will no doubt tell anyone who knows exactly how old the caravan is.

Details stamped on the plate are:

Make: C CI Sprite

Model Musketeer

Chassis No. F82 / 8020

Max Laden Weight 849Kg

If you can enlighten me, I'd be much post-69186-0-77314300-1407688687_thumb.jpgobliged.

Best Regards,

Iain H.

Yes probably an 82. My parents had a 78 Super Major and an 81 Super Alpine back in the day . ... known at the time as luxury on a shoestring 'vans! All the benefits of the standrad Sprite with the addition of double glazing, fridge, heater, different upholstry and additional roof lockers.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Rita & Iain M. You describe our Sprite perfectly, Iain! Everything still works - fridge, heater both perform as well as the day they were installed. The double-glazing hasn't misted, although we have re-upholstered throughout. About to replace the skylight, which is showing signs of age, but that's hardly surprising given the passing of time. We replaced both tyres this year, but I don't think they were originals. Tyres perish over time. But with a little TLC from time to time, this little beauty keeps trundling along!

Thanks for the info.