Anyone See Big Bertha

Guest Rita

Got windy early this morning and has been al day but nothing out of the ordinary!

Compass Shadow 1988

Yesterday lunchtime I heard the orchestra starting to rehearse for the Katherine Jenkins Concert due at Betley Court Farm that evening. Then the skies opened and the rain and hail fell down in a torrent and the wind got up to squall level.

All went quiet down the road and a couple of hours later a neighbour told me the concert had been cancelled.

By early evening the traffic cones had disappeared from the Main Road and peace and tranquility reigned.

Apparently the musicians said they couldn't perform in the appalling early afternoon conditions and frankly I don't blame them. However by the time the concert was due it was a lovely, if a bit chilly evening.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

A topic title like that is going to get me warning points or divorced if Bertha gets hold of my laptop.

For your information, she passed over me this morning and her wind was not as bad as predicted and the heavy shower was more of a quick swill. As she usually leaves a wreck behind her, I can be found on the sofa with a Brandy to bring back my senses.

H.

Only one brandy honk ? --- your slipping !

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

very nasty i weymouth on sunday, chucked it down through saturday night but no rain on sunday as we were packing up, but the wind was so strong it took us twice as long to pack up, ended up with a 4-5 inch rip in our awning and chasing thing around the pitch, driving home wasnt to bad as we used the back roads so no open motorways

phil

encountered Big Bertha sunday on the south coast. Lots of rain & her wind was something terrible.

Also passed the Southampton turnoff still full of wind & as repulsive as ever. ;):D:D

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Still wind and rain here today but nothing out of the ordinary

Compass Shadow 1988

125mm of rain in 24 hrs here in Moray. Fairly windy too, went to check the caravan and its was nicely protected between a Hobby and Fendt.

Out walking last night by the river Spey and it had burst its banks. IMG_20140811_184025_zpscb8580e5.jpg

Travelled home to St. Helens yesterday from York, M62 over the tops was a bit hairy but the rest of the trip wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's still raining and windy here today.

Amazing! Rita loses her mate, and then she is seen all over the country! Milky has seen her on a

beach in France (in her bikini?) She's walked past springtimes caravan, Steamy's heard her singing, Nick's

seen her on the south coast, Digger has seen a hairy version of her, and Honk's seen double!!

What an amazing woman! :D:D:D

• Like 1

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

My maternal granny was Bertha, Bertha Alice Woodman née Cantrell, born in Wolverhampton. Only 4ft 11ins tall, a lovely lady,greatly missed.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

The main body of it passed through Weymouth on Sunday with little disruption other than the heavy winds.

It's left the whole area very unsettled now though with just a constant gusting wind :-(

Phil.

The main body of it passed through Weymouth on Sunday with little disruption other than the heavy winds.

It's left the whole area very unsettled now though with just a constant gusting wind :-(

Phil.

Tried Andrews Phil??.

• Like 1

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P