Anyone See Big Bertha

Guest Rita

Came through the South Coast this morning.

Torrential rain for a while, now sunny but with a strong gusting wind.

HTH,

G.

Yup, she just walked passed the van :P

Oh you mean Hurricane Bertha - not so much, some thunder, rain and wind but not too much. Sunny now :D

• Like 2

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

We had a steady stream of rain this morning then it brightened up, in the last half hour its belted it down and now its brightening up again, however we've had next to no wind.

but we're in a rain shadow area and we can see lots of blackness on the horizons, or as we put it "it's looking black over bill's mothers"

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We had moderate rain till 12ish then Blue skies n SUN . .Which we still have

Same here! :)

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

or as we put it "it's looking black over bill's mothers"

Love this quote never heard that one. My son Bill thinks it's very apt for today's weather

Live life to the full you are a long time dead

Just returned from Bedfordshire where rain started at 0800 and by time we reached A421 to link onto A1 the roads were awash and a part from about 20 seconds near Peterborough my wipers were going full chat all the time. ....there was little wind and that there was was mainly behind us,but, the roads were appalling with long puddles of say 6 inches plus in left hand lane. ......for 40 miles followed a motorcyclist and whenever he moved out to middle we did too. ......must admit caravan normally comes back filthy but very clean today. .......

Still raining here and have yet to open up the bedding lockers to see if the breath-holes took water in.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

It's beautiful blue skies here in Ayrshire,

only problem is you have to go to 10,000 feet to be above the rain clouds to see it :)

We were hoping to get away for the weekend but just got too much work on with my driveway extension to give the caravan more space.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

Cornwall had it in the very early hours of the morning. On a 200+ CC site and no damage but it really did blow.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Just returned from Bedfordshire where rain started at 0800 and by time we reached A421 to link onto A1 the roads were awash and a part from about 20 seconds near Peterborough my wipers were going full chat all the time. ....there was little wind and that there was was mainly behind us,but, the roads were appalling with long puddles of say 6 inches plus in left hand lane. ......for 40 miles followed a motorcyclist and whenever he moved out to middle we did too. ......must admit caravan normally comes back filthy but very clean today. .......

Still raining here and have yet to open up the bedding lockers to see if the breath-holes took water in.

geoff

I'm going to Bedfordshire. Should get there at approx. 10. 30 p. m.

Hyundai Santa Fe pulling Swift Challenger 530 SE.

I might be the daddy but she's the boss.

Been out working in it all day.

Next to nothing in North Shropshire, blue skies now after some fairly heavy rain, but quite breezy.

I'm going to Bedfordshire. Should get there at approx. 10. 30 p. m.

BBC forecast for Westoning indicates a cloudy, breezy but dry night. ........

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Sitting on a CL in north Devon and had torrential rain in the night, now very gusty so decided to take awning down, and as im writing this the rain has just started again, so a wet and windy night in store, oh well I've got a good book, lots of pringles, chocolate and cider to keep me company.

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Rained as we hitched up, then had to drive for four hours through heavy rain.

Almost found out if caravans aquaplane.

Fortunately had eased off a bit when we arrived and pitched.

Off to Scotland tomorrow and heavy winds forecast.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

A topic title like that is going to get me warning points or divorced if Bertha gets hold of my laptop.

For your information, she passed over me this morning and her wind was not as bad as predicted and the heavy shower was more of a quick swill. As she usually leaves a wreck behind her, I can be found on the sofa with a Brandy to bring back my senses.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

This one?

It'd been dry here most of the day with showers from mid-afternoon

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

Battered it down here (sunny Widnes)solid for a hour or so and blowing a gale still, good clap of thunder too .

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Nothing here, hardly even a wind which is unusual! Just showery this morning and now constant rain from about 2pm.

Compass Shadow 1988

The winds just starting to pick up here in s yorks

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Apparently here in Hull they had a mini tornado, very heavy rain with thunder and lightening - flooding and trees over. We missed that as we were over in West Yorkshire which just had heavy rain. However, back in Hull now the wind is really picking up so she's probably on her way!

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Saw her on the beach in France this afternoon. Very big too. .

Seriously. Very windy here with rain in the night/this morning. Got better as the day has gone on. Now 23 degrees and quite pleasant

I'm in Leicester, I had the van home from storage for the weekend to do some jobs, well this morning it was raining like I haven't seen in a long time, typical I thought, I also had to get new tyres and had arranged with Costco in Leicester to bring it in, so I had to ready the van in torrential rain, wheel locks, steadies, ehu etc, got absolutely soaked in the process and set off, within the hour the sun was out, grrrrrr.

PS. See post on tyres from Costco, interesting.

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630