Problems With 2014 Sterlings

rickdebbos

Have you tried the Swift Talk web site? You need to be a bit more precise about the issues that are troubling you though.

Ern

I have a 2014 Sterling with no problems whatsoever. What are you referring to?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I have a 2014 Swift, same 'van different hairdo, only issue is a wonky curtain rail after 61 nights of use.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

on day I went to collect noticed rear panel had several chips,minor cracks, insulation sticking out of one side of panoramic roof, light not working bits of trim hanging off now waiting to have a new back panel fitted. went away last week and noticed floor incredibly springy, when my wife walks through van cupboards and whole van moves. parked on level ground with milenco pads on legs. didn't know weather it could be to do with new woodless construction. I was told that they were stronger

on day I went to collect noticed rear panel had several chips,minor cracks, insulation sticking out of one side of panoramic roof, light not working bits of trim hanging off now waiting to have a new back panel fitted. went away last week and noticed floor incredibly springy, when my wife walks through van cupboards and whole van moves. parked on level ground with milenco pads on legs. didn't know weather it could be to do with new woodless construction. I was told that they were stronger

Perhaps if you got people of different weights to walk through the van it might give a means to compare with other owners ?

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

This does not make good reading as generally Swift caravans are well built. Can we assume that you are talking about a brand new 2014 caravan? If so, how long have you had it?

rickdebbos, Why did you take ownership of a van with these problems. Instead of the dealer having problems you now have them.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

I was told by a salesman at my local dealer that they had sent all their 2014 Swifts back due to damp problems, this includes the ones with the latest construction method. There were certainly none on view, only Lunars, Baileys etc.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I was told by a salesman at my local dealer that they had sent all their 2014 Swifts back due to damp problems, this includes the ones with the latest construction method. There were certainly none on view, only Lunars, Baileys etc.

I think we would have heard about this if it were the case . ... my dealer certainly hasn't, nor has he mentioned it in our many chats! As an owner of a 2014 Swift himself he would have a personal interest too!

Nothing to suggest my 2014 Swift is damp . ... but we shall see for sure in Nov/Dec when it is serviced!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

My new swift has been out in some really heavy rainfall including a hail storm and through deep puddles with heavy spray. I have very carefully checked and can find no sign of damp anywhere. I have noticed though the floor is a lot less solid than my last Swift feeling quite springy especially around the rear.

I hope you are both right, no one likes the thought of someone being stuck with a problem & I really like the look of the new Swifts especially the Bessacarr incarnation.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

After our 2011 EliteAmber had damp 2 years running, we changed for a Quartz SE, 2014, no signs of damp on this one so far, and I check it after heavy rain in a few spots. It does have a creaky floor in the washroom, but only sometimes, how strange is that!

Otherwise, all 3 front blinds have gone stiff, after first few days on first trip. ( only had 2 trips so far.)

The sliding washroom door does not engage in the runner and flaps in the breeze and the mirror door in the bed area flies open for no apparent reason in transit, in fact, when showing it to the dealer, it fell off in my hand in front of him, - managed to catch it though.

Otherwise, poor PDI on Alde, needed lots of bleeding and more than a litre of fluid. The mover was wired wrong on direction for engaging rollers and the back up battery on the alarm was not switched on, found it beeping and cured it after googling the problem.

However, like this van more than the Amber, better by far.

So will keep an eye on the damp, every Swift owner probably has a meter these days!!??

Just as an aside, there is a post on another site stating an Elegance has been found to leak and is letting in water even after a Swift repair, so still too early to see if the damp has been conquered yet!

Edited by Ivordampun

that sounds more like the dealer has had the franchise taken away from them, as ive not had a single 2014 van back with damp.

We have a 2014 Sterling Eccles Sport 554 and have had no problems so far. Like the layout and everything about the van. .

We have had our 2014 Swift Fairway 584 (Challenger Sport Dealer Special) since March this year, and are over the moon with it.

No problems to date and the whole 'van feels very solid and it is a pleasure to be in and to tow. The fit and finish of both the inside and outside is first class.

Likewise with our 2014 Sterling Elite Explorer particularly in the towing area it is superb.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

van is sterling elite searcher 5 weeks old

I think that maybe it is time to consider rejection as to be honest it should never have been handed over to you in that condition.

Further to earlier post, collected van from warranty repairs yesterday evening, all appeared good when checked before leaving.

Wife decided to have a look this afternoon, centre blind seized again and one side became stiff after 3 or 4 operations, so the lubrication applied as a repair is not working! ( not at all warm in the van today either - so not a heat issue)

The sliding door is now hanging off and only on one screw, after only a smooth 35 mile drive back.

The floor creaks even worse in a larger area.

So 2014 vans -and dealers quality do represent a problem, it seems.