Gt65 Verona

mr umpa

Hi wonder if anyone has the same problem as me on there bailey Pegasus one of the front locker doors is on the wrong way round and it opens against the caravan side wall not out the front of the van like the opposite side and I'm scared it will dent the caravan panel, can the door be taken off and turned round the other way so it opens away from the van. Thanks any help welcome.

Yup, mine's like that. I guess they all hinge on the right.

It's never bothered me. Could it actually hit the van? Wouldn't the frame prevent that?

I doubt you could turn it around as any drainage would then be at the top.

Tony

Yup, mine's like that. I guess they all hinge on the right.

It's never bothered me. Could it actually hit the van? Wouldn't the frame prevent that?

I doubt you could turn it around as any drainage would then be at the top.

Tony

hi have seen other bailey caravans and both doors go the same way? So is it a fitting fault at the factory?

The drain holes are in the incorrect position on the U1 as the door should I believe drop for the drains to be on the bottom.

In practice it makes no difference, mine have never leaked, but both open towards the front.

Hi

I doubt it will damage caravan sides, they are grp so cannot dent.

Ian

Hi wonder if anyone has the same problem as me on there bailey Pegasus one of the front locker doors is on the wrong way round and it opens against the caravan side wall not out the front of the van like the opposite side and I'm scared it will dent the caravan panel, can the door be taken off and turned round the other way so it opens away from the van. Thanks any help welcome.

The frame is not dual hinged, so unfortunately you cant fit the door to the other side if the fame. I've never seen a front thetford locker door open to the rear of the caravan (Towards the side panel) :blink:

Personally I think I would live with it. ....... Your outer skin on the GT65 is GRP, so very little chance of damage. ^_^

Edited by Gaz40

Looks like a GT 65 in the picture on my Peg 1 they both open forwards Im currently looking at Verona will check the lockers when it arrives at the dealers (due mid Sept)

Have checked on other gt65 Verona vans and both locker doors open to the front?

Hi

My lockers both open to the front, looks like you have manufacturing error.

I would get it turned round at next service, If it were to come open during towing, i would think the wind would rip it off. (Not that it should, but have seen them left open) :)

Ian

Edited by good17

Hi

My lockers both open to the front, looks like you have manufacturing error.

I would get it turned round at next service, If it were to come open during towing, i would think the wind would rip it off. (Not that it should, but have seen them left open) :)

Ian

thanks for that will get it checked at first service.

Just checked mine, they both open forwards, on close inspection they can be fitted either way, so one of yours has been fitted upside down. To rectify, the dealer needs to take out the complete unit, turn it round and "reseal" before refitting.

Just checked mine, they both open forwards, on close inspection they can be fitted either way, so one of yours has been fitted upside down. To rectify, the dealer needs to take out the complete unit, turn it round and "reseal" before refitting.

that's for that will look into getting it turned .

Hi one star, as previously posted, my 2014 Verona lockers both open towards the front of the van. cheers

Beware of changing anything round on a bailey,give them half a chance and somehow they will find a way of negating your warranty(for what it's worth)it's down to your supplying dealer to fix.

My Verona was new a couple of months ago and the nearside door opens towards the rear and the offside opens towards the front of the van. As I face each locker it means the hinge is always on the right - is that right or not? I don't know.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

Apparently some open the same way and others open different ways. I have emailed Bailey for confirmation of how they should open.

I face each locker it means the hinge is always on the right - is that right or not? I don't know.

Mine is the same. Can't say this issue is causing me to lose much sleep but it would be interesting to see what Bailey's response is.

Just checked ours again and I was wrong - both ours open towards the front.

Reply from Bailey today says that they can open either way - this is it :-

"Thank you for your email

I can advise the locker doors are universal and designed to open in both directions.

Your lockers are not broken and can be changed via your retailer to open in the direction of your choice.

If your retailer requires any technical support or advice they are able to contact us direct and our retailer service engineers will offer any support they may need.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused."

Kind Regards

Chantelle Kimmins

Customer Service Co-Ordinator

Bailey of Bristol

Reply from Bailey today says that they can open either way - this is it :-

"Thank you for your email

I can advise the locker doors are universal and designed to open in both directions.

Your lockers are not broken and can be changed via your retailer to open in the direction of your choice.

If your retailer requires any technical support or advice they are able to contact us direct and our retailer service engineers will offer any support they may need.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused."

Kind Regards.

Chantelle Kimmins

Customer Service Co-Ordinator

Bailey of Bristol

. Thanks for finding out about locker doors being fitted wrong way round I think I will get one of mine turned when it goes in for service.