Should We Buy A Pastiche 460 / 2

Norab

We are thinking of now buying a pastiche having owned one a few years ago.

However we don't want to make any mistakes

I have read about the windows falling out and the magnetic catches. But I am thinking this is nothing compared to a van that has filled with water. It is on its last chance over the next two weeks while we are away then we make our minds up .

It's between the Elddiss and the pastiche . Both 2 berth.

We are going to have a look at the show in October then decide. We are very worried about going from the frying pan into the fire.

Or may see if we can get a 2014 model .

We have a coachman vision ( a dealer special with extras). It's only our second trip but we are very pleased with it. We part exchanged a 2010 Pastiche 470/2 which we loved but we wanted a fixed bed. The new Pastiches have a new body shell very similar to the Vision ( but with the sunroof), which is not to everyone's taste . We went to the NEC show as we also were undecided between the Vision or an Elddis Affinity. The dealer ( who sold both) pointed out the much poorer finish on the Elddis and, having read quite a lot on the Elddis forum from unhappy owners, we are glad we went with the Coachman. Fingers crossed we stay happy!

Regards, jo

Yes, very valid point above about the change of body shell for the 2015 Pastiche. Check out this years model as well to compare.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Yes, very valid point above about the change of body shell for the 2015 Pastiche. Check out this years model as well to compare.

Yes thank you glen and les.

I did go to 3as this week to have a look as they had a VIP there that had sold as we arrived. The extras that I like we can have added. I have thought about waiting for the show then If I don't like anything I will just go for the 2014 if there are any left.

Jo6100

We sold our 470 /2 to upsize to our caravan we have now. And so wish we hadn't . We love the van and lay out but wanted fixed bads. Sadly coachman no longer make the 470 .

Thank you about the information about coachman and Elddis

I hope you enjoy your new vision .

Norab . ... have a look at the Pastie 545 . ..... we love ours . ....,

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for the reply . As much as I love it .

It's too big and too heavy.

Our van now has fixed beds . We love them . ( we have had problems with this van but the weight was one reason for buying it against a pastiche) . Our lay out is fabulous . If coachman had had this weight and layout at the time we would have had that.

Also I am doing all the towing now so we have been looking at going back to a two Beth. I just hope the coachman are still up to their past reputation.

I have a 2014 Pastiche 470/2.

Very well built and comfortable caravan. Tows well and has all the toys we required.

Blown air heating much better than the wet heating. Our last van had wet heating and took a long time to warm up. The blown air is very fast especially when you are stopped at services for a coffee break.

The only problems have been the toilet window bar and the avtex aerial.

The window bar was fixed promptly by the dealer but the avtex aerial is a right pain in the proverbial.

We have a satellite.

Our last van was a 460/2. I would have no hesitation recommending it for the layout and build quality. Yes there does apper to be an issue with the windows falling off. ..(Our new pastiche had one fall out) but the dealers fit them back on properly (I hope) so it is not too much of an issue. You have had a Coachman before so you know what to expect, go for it.

Trevor.

Cheers

Pete

Being discontinued in 2015 Pete - probably due to narrower body width.

Glen.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Being discontinued in 2015 Pete - probably due to narrower body width.

Glen.

Glen . .... if we need a replacement . .... but we are not planning to change the van in the near or middle future . .....

. .... then we would have to look at the VIP 545 . ...... which is basically what we have . ... with up-grades (only the Tracker missing on our van . ....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.