How Much Discount Off A New Van Can You Get.

Vallumlj

I am looking at two one

1) Lunar Quasar 546 £17000 Dealer said I could get it for £16,000 but I think I could push him for More.

2) Bailey Pursuit 540-5 RRP £14. 995

How Much do you think I could get the above Vans for.

What sort of deal shouldI be looking for?

Thank you

If you are buying dealer stock, as it's a bit late in the season I would make an offer for the one I'm serious about. The appearance of the dealers site will give you some clues - has he got a fair bit of 2014 stock? Is the model you fancy a big seller? You must know what price you would be happy to pay, so offer that.

Ern

One thing to consider, if they are demonstrator vans, they can not be classed as new (well I don't). We recently trotted around some dealers forecourts and their demo vans were in an appalling condition. They will also still have the cheek to ask you to pay the delivery charge.

We were lucky to find a Coachman Vision at our local dealer, which had been in their indoor showroom, it really did look like no-one had ever set foot in it.

A visit to a dealer at Gomshall, Surrey, and their demo vans had grit all over the floors, bits missing and broken, puddles of water from open roof vents and windows. Presentation is obviously not a word used by the sales team.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

The list for the 546 is £17145 plus £495 delivery, a total of £17,640.

The 554 which lists at £16,945 plus delivery (£17,440) is available from Reading/Swindon/Oxford Caravan (can they please change their name to Thames Valley Caravans or TVC it would save a lot of typing) at £14,995 or £2445 off full price. On that basis you should be able to get a 546 at around £15,200.

However whether there are any 2014 546's still around I'm not sure, there are none featured on Caravan Autotrader.

Looking at caravanqjumper the 546 doesn't appear to be listed as an available Quasar layout for next year, so that might be an issue.

Also remember buying a 2014 van now it will be considered to be a year old by dealers immediately and the future value reduced accordingly.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

At the Lawns show last September, they were offering a £2k discount on all the Lunar caravans and this was just a quick chat with the salesman so I am sure that you could have got more than that if you were actually doing the deal. May be worth waiting for the 2015 models as we got a slightly better deal on the 2014 Vision than we were being offered on a 2013 Amara another dealer had in stock.

Davan Caravans in Somerset are advertising a 2014 546 as 'used' but still asking £17,145 for it. I suspect it's their demo van and because the 2014MY is nearly over and because it's a demo they should, by rights, be asking for much, much less. Presumably hoping a mug will come along.

VMJ

I visited Leisure Sales, Sandbach this morning and they have a 2014 stock (not demo) 546 in stock. They're offering all their 2014 Quasars at £1500 off list price and you may be able to negotiate more. Ring Diane Jones for more info. HTH

I ordered mine at one of the big shows at the NEC from an established dealer who was displaying there. A bit like buying a car, I played the game with the salesman then left it until the last day of the show and tested him a bit, knowing they probably had targets to hit. Sure enough, I got around 3 grand off starting price AND a significant starter pack thrown in (around £500 worth). Had to wait for the van to be built but, after I'd completed the buy a couple of months later the salesman told me that I had wangled an amazing deal off him and he had made virtually no margin on the sale.

As always, play dealers off against each other, always have alternative deals on the table, dont get emotionally attached to a particular van (or hide it well) and the power of 'walking away' is huge. You will get a feel for when they cant go any lower and even then, be cheeky and see what else they will throw in to get you to buy

I was offered a Pursuit 540-5 for £14000, that was his opening price and I'm sure I could have got another £500 off it, this was about 3 weeks ago

Davan Caravans in Somerset are advertising a 2014 546 as 'used' but still asking £17,145 for it. I suspect it's their demo van and because the 2014MY is nearly over and because it's a demo they should, by rights, be asking for much, much less. Presumably hoping a mug will come along.

They were also the ones trying to cash in on the scarcity and demand for the Kampa Pro air 390's when the stock arrived in May/June. Had them on Ebay for over £1200 as a buy it now.

looks like they like to charge top price.