Water In Wet Locker - Bailey Senator Series 5

BryanH

Hi,

We have just come back from our 3rd outing in our bailey senator series 5 which we are very happy with.

However, during our 2 weeks away, I think it only rained heavily twice during the night. When I packed up yesterday, I found a significant amount of water in the wet locker (all the water contained within the plastic tray).

I can only assume that water got in through a gap in the locker door.

Has anyone else experienced this, and can maybe offer any solution, or is it a case of replacing the door seek (which doesn't seem to be showing any wear).

Thanks for any advice.

I had a Senator Indiana series 5 and loved it, probably one of Bailey's best ever vans.

Water into the wet locker did happen and I think I remember a modification where the top of the locker door frame had a ledge protruding about 8mm to stop the water running down into the top of the door.

My van had this on but occasionally still got a small amount of water in. Just lived with it as it was all contained in the plastic tray.

On my Orion I find it pays to gently press around the door

before I finally lock it, as it seems to ride on the seal in places

perhaps a little silicone lube is required.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look when next up at the van. I can live with it, because all the water does go into the plastic tray.

Apart from that, love the van.

This has happened to us with our Indiana, only once we didnt close the box door properly, and the box filled with water, we make sure the door is pushed to make the seal.

The front gas locker in ours has big slits in the plastic trays at the bottom so even if water wasn't getting in the top (I don't think it does in ours) it may well come in underneath in heavy rain when travelling.

I have always considered this locker to be non water tight and as a consequence I don't store anything in there that matters if it gets wet. I store - 2 gas bottles, a plastic box which contains toilet fluids and other bits and pieces, a small fold up plastic trolley for transporting the loo cassette, two steady winders, the side jack in it's bag, the hitch lock in its case, the Alko lock in its bag, and all the blocks and ramps and chocks. It doesn't matter if any of that lot gets damp.

But in answer to your post, no we don't end up with large pools of water in the trays. :)

Glad you like your Senator Series 5. We love ours too.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Make sure the door is pushed very tight this also happened to us on our first trip .

We don't use this door at all now but it must still become loose because it has happened since we have to make sure it is pushed tight .

Just one problem