X5

digger65

Anyone on here towing with an X5 3. 0 ? If so what weight you towing and what mpg do you get ? Of to have a look at one today.

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

We use an X5 at work to tow a large heavy trailer.

Brilliant tow,stable and plenty of power,fuel consumption is goog although we have never actually measured it.

IMO as good a tow vehicle you can get and some of the older ones are really good value second hand.

I would buy a Discovey D4 or an X 5 as both equaly great tow vehicles.

Wouldn't touch an x5, they get cheap quick because they go wrong, they have different size tyres front to back which is a pain and speaking as someone who has abused all sorts of 4 wheel drives, they are hopeless off road. Really hopeless, like i'd rather have a ford fiesta in the mud than one of those two tons of scrap hopeless.

I went for the X3. Lighter smaller (well, less massive, slightly smaller) car with the same innards. Ignore the complaints about offroad ability; that is entirely down to the tyres fitted. Fit off-road tyres - and it's fine off road. Even with road tyres it's ok. To give an example, I have taken mine down the special stages for many car rallies including the MSA Rally Wales at speed with no difficulty at all. I have driven off wet sloping grassy fields I could hardly stand up on without difficulty. I have been in a situation where three wheels were on mud and one on tarmac and I drove off with no wheelspin. With the most powerful diesel engine available I get 34mpg solo and 21-24 towing a big rig, depending when towing quite markedly on the wind.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

Wouldn't touch an x5, they get cheap quick because they go wrong, they have different size tyres front to back which is a pain and speaking as someone who has abused all sorts of 4 wheel drives, they are hopeless off road. Really hopeless, like i'd rather have a ford fiesta in the mud than one of those two tons of scrap hopeless.

i take it you don't like them then . .......

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

No need to hold back, tell us what you really think. :D

got it now, you have pram with a green badge. ..... and a Bailey . ..

got it now, you have pram with a green badge. ..... and a Bailey . ..

Wash your mouth out, i have a toyota, the only off road vehicle worth filling up with fuel. As for caravans, we're on our first 'cheapie' a bessacarr cameo. ..

To be somewhat controversial I don't mind the X5

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night