Bailey Series 5

swaist

we have a bailey pageant series 5 bretagne, I've been told to use the 12 volt isolater switch but I can't find it? I have a mains switch on the control panel along with lights etc but no 12 v switch, am I missing something or do these models not have one??

thanks

If it's like our Series 5 Vendee, the panel just inside the door has a "master" switch which controls the 12 volt system - along with a (wildly inaccurate) volt meter and switches for pump, lights and awning light. Just out of interest, who has told you to use the "isolator", and for what purpose?

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

• 1 month later...

Can I as an electrical numpty join in please. I have recently traded up from a truly ancient Sprite, to a 2005 Pageant Monarch. I used to keep my old caravan's battery topped up when stored, with a small solar panel in the front window connected externally toi the battery.

The Bailey has a 12v socket in the work area. If I turn the master as described above, OFF, with the panel connected, then the voltage meter jumps constantly going right to the extreme of the meter. If I leave the master on, then it sits happily and steadily about the 12v setting. Am I OK to leave the circuit open to have this strady reading.

The solar charger is a small one with a 1. 5W rating similar to this one from Maplins. http://www. maplin. co. uk/p/solar-powered-12v-15w-battery-auto-trickle-charger-l58bf

Keith

Edited by keithmroberts

Keith - can I suggest you start a new topic in the Caravan Electric section as this thread above is a couple of months old and relates to a different problem?

And Welcome

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion