Avondale Wren 1979

Aran

Hello,

I'm not positive that this the the best forum to be posting this in but any help would be much appreciated!

We have a 1979 avondale wren super which we love very much, I need to find a replacement damper and am unsure as to where to even start looking. .

The number above the inside of the door (serial no?) is 4780690

If it's any help the damper sits inside the coil spring and it's the near side that needs replacing. I have photos of the van and the damage which I can email but I haven't worked out how to post them on the forum yet.

Thanks, aran

Pic of part

Pic of van

post-68642-0-36965500-1407619179_thumb.jpg

post-68642-0-27696300-1407619275_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

. .

Hi Aran,

Sorry I missed your post last year.

Your 1979 caravan is on a B&B chassis, later taken under the Al-Ko wing, so that is probably your best place to start.

You may also like to look at this link http://www. thomson-caravans. co. uk/advice/maintenance/bnbchassismanual. htm

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 5 years later...

Hi Aran do you have an info on the wren from 1979 after finding out the unladen weight if possible 

Just now, Lucy88 said:

Hi Aran do you have an info on the wren from 1979 after finding out the unladen weight if possible 

Aran hasn't been back since 2015. 

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****