Second Hand Caravan Advice Please

olblueeyes

hi forum readers we are of to dorset to view a few caravans second hand ones from a couple of dealers down there, just wanted to know if any body could give some feed back please, the caravan company and lady bailey, thanks martin

We have bought two caravans from The Caravan Company. Both have been really nice caravans. They give them a service before you take them away and you usually get 6 months warranty which is enough time to work out if anything is wrong and get it fixed I think. We bought ours from the Finedon branch and had no problems with them at all. They tend to price the caravans reasonably and don't really move much on the stated price. Whereas another dealer nearby, prices higher initially but then discounts. .....No difference in the end really ! They are not a dealer though just caravan sales, so there is no after sales servicing or accessory shop etc. They usually have a good selection of good quality caravans and can bring caravans from one branch to another if you desire. .

Have fun.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We have only brought one van from the caravan company and wouldnt return i am afraid. There warranty is only 6 months on used vans with no option to extend and the van we brought was full of damp which was thankfully found after 5 months by our mobile ncc engineer. They also sold the van with an incorrect sized spare wheel and a hairline crack in the rear panel. As has been mentioned they also dont offer servicing and warranty work (after 6 months) on used vans.

If you compare this to Reading / Oxford / Swindon caravans they offer 12 months on their used vans which can be extended upto 3 yrs. We brought our last van through them and have been very happy with the aftersales service from them. I popped into the caravan companies Reading branch last year as they have recently started selling new vans and asked if they would be at the ncc show in oct (2013) only to get a reply along the lines that they dont go there as you have to give the vans away. ....which i basically took as meaning you wont get a good deal off them! I am sure others may have had more positive experiences but we personally wouldnt buy through them again.

Edited by dazzer252

Bailey Pageant provence & Nissan X-Trail