Cabinet Handles

Can anyone tell me what the distance is between the screws on the cabinet door handles in a caravan if they're all the same? I've just put a deposit down on an abbey 417 and would like to replace the handles as they are pitted. I'm so excited I want to look for some now! ; )

Hi Shug

Thanks for your reply. I have to wait a week for my van to arrive, can't wait to get in it and give it a thorough clean and spruce up! Everything looks good apart from the handles, and the fridge shelves and ice box are slightly corroded. I've heard a soak in coke may improve the latter!

Hurry up next Saturday lol!

I know how you feel, it's great isn't it? I replaced the shelves inside our fridge but what a price!! If I remember it was about £70 for the pair, the boss still doesn't know how much they were. I hadn't heard about the coke trick but I'll pop up to Sainsburys this morning and buy some of their cheap stuff to try out on the old ones.

Good luck

Shug

I am sure that a lot of folk would like to know of the result, I think nearly all get a bit scabby as time goes on. Please keep us posted. ......Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

I sorted the wire "bottle retainer" on the door of my Dometic fridge which was corroded by rubbing it down and giving it a coat of silver spray "Hammerite" ( the "flat" finish not the "hammered" finish) - looks a treat :)

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Will keep you posted with how the coke cleaning method performs, not expecting miracles but hey worth a go. I didn't realise you could get spray on hammerite, will try this if I'm not happy with the coke results!

Will keep you posted with how the coke cleaning method performs, not expecting miracles but hey worth a go. I didn't realise you could get spray on hammerite, will try this if I'm not happy with the coke results!

Hi there - yes this stuff:

http://www. hammerite. co. uk/products/direct_to_rust_metal_paint_aerosol_smooth_finish. jsp

I'd got some left over from doing up my garden furniture - it worked a treat on the fridge parts :)

bought mine from Wilko's

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)