Pickering War Weekend C&cc Rally

slavedriver

We have just booked for this event in October. The question is its for 4 nights and I am trying to decide whether to take a generator ( I dont know if it would be anti social or not). We have a 12v /240v tv andlike to have a couple of hours a day viewing. Would a fully charged spare 110v leisure battery be a better option for the tv only.

I am just finishing 17 nights with one 110amp battery and a 43v solar panel. ...2 hours viewing most nights. ...generators are always anti-social!!

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I am just finishing 17 nights with one 110amp battery and a 43v solar panel. ...2 hours viewing most nights. ...generators are always anti-social!!

Geoff

Thank you, A solar panel could be another option. But is October too dark?

Take a spare battery but it might not be needed. You could wire it in parallel to save swapping it over. (not series or you would get 24 volts :o )

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

FWIW take a spare battery. I carry one for anything over 5 days. I do 15 days easily with a 40watt solar panel.

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Swift Challenger Hi Style 425 pushing a Ford Kuga AWD

I expect it was a typo, but leisure batteries are 12 VOLT and yours has a capacity of 110Amp hours. It's not a 110 volt battery. Generators are like Marmite; some people hate them, finding the noise unpleasant while others accept they need to be on occasionally. There won't usually be any other power at a rally so quite a few other people may have generators.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

I expect it was a typo, but leisure batteries are 12 VOLT and yours has a capacity of 110Amp hours. It's not a 110 volt battery. Generators are like Marmite; some people hate them, finding the noise unpleasant while others accept they need to be on occasionally. There won't usually be any other power at a rally so quite a few other people may have generators.

Yes its a 110 amp not volt

We have a 40watt solar panel plus 110amp battery and a low wattage Avtex TV. We often do 4 nights even in the mid winter with no problems. Last New Year a couple of caravans about 10 yards away from us shared a generator every day from 8am to 6pm the noise was really annoying. I would like to see them banned completely from rallies.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Now I have the low wattage led tv we can manage very nicely with just the 50w panel :)

It doesn't matter how long we go away for as the battery is full again my mid to late morning (depending on weather), although I haven't tried with just the 50 in the shorter days of the winter months (yet).

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If you should decide to take a generator it would be a good idea to check with whomsoever is running the rally that generators are acceptable. Also sometimes a restriction is placed on the time(s) generators can be used on rallies.

Hope you have a good time at the rally.

Avtex 18. 5" TV 110 watt battery (in good nick) 66 watt solar panel and a whole month off battery during a wet (ish) May and still enough power to operate mover to get van into my drive.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

We have a 40watt solar panel plus 110amp battery and a low wattage Avtex TV. We often do 4 nights even in the mid winter with no problems. Last New Year a couple of caravans about 10 yards away from us shared a generator every day from 8am to 6pm the noise was really annoying. I would like to see them banned completely from rallies.

We were on a Norfolk Centre Rally last year where a genny was stoked up every afternoon so they could play video games.

The Northern Centres of CC usually allow 2 hours per day between 0900 and 1800 for battery re-charging.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530