Spare Parts Prices

Lee21

Recently I lost one of the yellow caps that screws into the Alko receiver in lieu of the wheel lock being removed. I called in at my local dealership and asked about a replacement.

I was told that Alko do not supply them on their own they now come as part of the receiver fitting kit which was £25+VAT

To say I was taken aback was an understatement. Whilst the chap was trying to justify the cost I looked over his shoulder at the Alko website he had logged onto and the price for the receiver fitting kit was £7. 98+vat. .Now I know we all have to make living and businesses have overheads etc. which need to be factored but I thought this was a bit steep.

I had recently asked how much the cushions were to replace the central drawers in our caravan and was quoted £250 from the same dealer which led me to wonder how inflated that price is too?

Edited by Lee21

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I bought mine from Alko directly. I have also bought spares directly from Bailey Parts which aren't too bad a price and at least you can see what is available. Dealers have a lot of 'overheads'. ;)

Ditto above :)

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

He sounds like a robber. Terrible .

I agree dealers do have overheads but to make up a story you have to buy a whole kit.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .