Serviced Pitches

barrychas

Just returned from brill CC site at Brecon where the club has invested a load of cash on two rebuilt toilet blocks and a large amount a service pitches. .. which were mostly empty.

Two points . ..why build so many service pitches if they are underused and secondly what's the point if you are going to feed the fresh water into an outside water tub where it 'stagnates' until used.

I would never drink water from a tub, in fact I refill a small container with fresh water each day for our needs its the only way I feel comfortable about fresh site water.

I never drink tub water but it's nice having a shower without worrying your going to run out of water, each to their own

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

The service pitches were already on the site - a legacy of the commercial site it was before the Club bought it. We are looking forward to visiting and seeing the changes made.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I can assure you the new toilet blocks are stunning

Been drinking water from aquarolls all my life, both when caravanning with my parents as a kid pretty much every weekend on rallies and now we have our own van. Ive not died nor do I get ill when out in the caravan.

Edited by SamP

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

When I was a child we had to go fill a water carrier to take into the caravan as there was no alternative, now we use the aqua roll for all our water needs when away in the van . I've still not died.

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

Being of the bad back persuasion and various other ailments,

I love a fully serviced site. The Lioness doesn't have to do the

heavy toting (with the neighbours glaring at me :rolleyes: ) the shower

doesn't run out of water, nor does the valved Aquaroll, especially

good when it is raining :D

I suppose some use a direct connection with pressure reducer and no tub, though we chose to connect via the tub. Most houses (though not ours as it happens) have a "tub" in the loft that are not sealed very well. Our van has a filter which we don't have at home so our tub water is probably cleaner than at home! Water in the aquaroll can get a bit warm sometimes but otherwise I have no problem drinking it. We fill a jug from the tap in the van and put it in the fridge. Only been doing this since April so maybe too soon to know if tub water will reduce our life expectancy!

2014 Coachman Pastiche 520/4 | 2013 Freelander 2 HSE

Loft tank is for topping up hot water or centlal heating system. Cold drinking water comes direct from the mains. Didn't your mother tell you not to drink the hot water as the the open vented tank could have ded flies and pigeon poo in it and having worked in many lofts its not far off the truth. ..but I'm still not going to drink from the aquaroll

Loft tank is for topping up hot water or centlal heating system. Cold drinking water comes direct from the mains. Didn't your mother tell you not to drink the hot water as the the open vented tank could have ded flies and pigeon poo in it and having worked in many lofts its not far off the truth. ..but I'm still not going to drink from the aquaroll

I remember they days. in fact my bathroom sink water comes from a tank upstairs (i'm a ground floor four in a block) so don't drink it at all however I have drank out aquarolls and am still alive. I wouldn't leave water in it for days on end though but then again with us four the aquaroll needs filled up most days!

Compass Shadow 1988

You will find that serviced pitches will get more popular as time goes on, some sites in Europe, you get a bathroom on your pitch.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Yeah, I've seen people walking over to a tap with a kettle - what a lot of nonsense.

Land Rover is now back towing.

Just returned from brill CC site at Brecon where the club has invested a load of cash on two rebuilt toilet blocks and a large amount a service pitches. .. which were mostly empty.

Two points . ..why build so many service pitches if they are underused and secondly what's the point if you are going to feed the fresh water into an outside water tub where it 'stagnates' until used.

I would never drink water from a tub, in fact I refill a small container with fresh water each day for our needs its the only way I feel comfortable about fresh site water.

Water doesnt stagnate in an aquarol any more than it does in the pipes from the water treatment plant to your home. Furthermore the aquarol is dark, keeps light out also helps keep the water cool ands less likely for anything to grow in there compared to the container that you fill up directly from the tap to drink! The most important thing is that it makes you feel comfortable which is all that matters BUT I have never seen any factual evidence or experienced any issues with water from an aquarol.

We don't drink from the tap as such, the only water we drink is boiled for morning coffee, and water direct from the tap for rinsing when brushing teeth, apart from that, it's drinking from a bottle that days Budweiser on the label. 😃😎🍻

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

We always carry some bottled water for tea/coffee

in case the site water is unpleasant. Mostly its ok

but a bottle of water on the nightstand is handy.

Never had a problem with drinking water from the aquaroll, but I do steralise it quite often and change the filter every year.

Well, after years of touring on the continent, I will now only use serviced pitches here, I have 2 sinks and a shower in my van why on earth would I want to haul water across a site (Waste and Fresh), or takes bowls full of pots across a field to a sink?

Or wander across a wet site in my dressing gown to a shower block used by everyone else and their dog (well in some cases), no thanks !!

The only downside, if you are a member of the CC, is the ludicrous prices they charge for the few that they have, however, since leaving them, I have found dozens of private sites fully equipped and at very reasonable rates.

Welcome to the 21st century everyone!!

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Yeah, I've seen people walking over to a tap with a kettle - what a lot of nonsense.

We don't take the kettle to the tap (unless the tap's on our pitch), but we do fill up our 5ltr container which we use for tea/coffee - saves too many trips with the bulky aquaroll. Sometimes we even use the smaller container to top up the aquaroll!

If fitted a Whale in line carbon filter and a UV filter to the line that discharges to the cold water ring main after the take off for the water heater. I think the carbon filter is good for around 5000 litres and the UV filter has a series of LED's to indicate when the tube requires replacement I think it is good for around 2000hours

First couple of sites I went to when trying out the caravan, the water taste was not very pleasant either earthy or chemicals. OK so it filter the cold water to the shower and wash basins too but I know the water is good to drink.

The filters were relatively inexpensive however the 12mm push-fit fittings are not around £3. 99 for a hose spigot or elbow and £12. 99 for a ball valve. .. Why they do not use 15mm standard fittings?

Edited by Lee21

Or wander across a wet site in my dressing gown to a shower block

Now there's another topic for discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These serviced pitches were already there when the club took this site over. It had a lot of seasonal vans there. They all had to leave when the club took over.

We went to the site when we first started caravanning about 25 years ago. This site was lovely in those days very informal. Then the owners who ever they were extended and put seasonal pitches in with the serviced pitches . I think spoiling it .

I was hoping when the club took it over they would improve it .

However

I dont like the lay out at all it's like rows of houses on an estate . All over looking each other. Very formal like a car park . I haven't been since the new toilet block has been built. .

So I would like to know if they left the rows and rows of caravans . except on the main field as you enter .

Its amazing when you think back to the sixties and seventies the small amount of gear you took to enjoy your camp/caravan trip . ..now look at us . ..more mod cons than the home and more equipment than ever to fuss about and set up. ..and I thought that getting out into the countryside was getting back to the simple life. . No wonder our vans weigh so much.

These serviced pitches were already there when the club took this site over. It had a lot of seasonal vans there. They all had to leave when the club took over.

We went to the site when we first started caravanning about 25 years ago. This site was lovely in those days very informal. Then the owners who ever they were extended and put seasonal pitches in with the serviced pitches . I think spoiling it .

I was hoping when the club took it over they would improve it .

However

I dont like the lay out at all it's like rows of houses on an estate . All over looking each other. Very formal like a car park . I haven't been since the new toilet block has been built. .

So I would like to know if they left the rows and rows of caravans . except on the main field as you enter .

Here's the new site plan - hope it answers your query:

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/media/15884777/brecon_beacons_site_plan_july_2014. pdf