Easyfind Traveller Satellite Kit

This kit uses the same antenna as the Snipe but does not have the GPS auto system, instead an Easyfind led and display at the rear. Has anybody out there had experience of this set up especially in Southern Brittany since the footprint change. Any comments welcome, before I go off on hols later this month praying it will work. The specification says it is equivalent to a 65cm offset dish

Many thanks Pete

2019 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD Inscription. Pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 575 fitted with Powertouch Mover

I have an "Easy-Find" LNB with a conventional dish, not the flat panel.

I can't say after several years using a simple LNB and basic sat finder that the "Easy-Find" helps a lot, but I never struggled before.

Its failing in my eyes is its lack of sensitivity, my acoustic finder gives a hint of a nearly "on" line satellite before the "Easy-Find" has a clue; where it undoubtedly "helps" is it confirms it is the "right" satellite, not just another. However as I know the bearing for where to "look" and use a compass, then I know I am looking at the right one anyway.

In respect to the square dish's attributes, I can only see this as a bit of reduction in size thus stowage hassle, but is that to you really worth paying the premium, where a 65CM Triax dish comes in at £35, plus £10 for a universal LNB? Plus I suspect a bit more concern it will get "borrowed" one day when you are out, whereas a simple dish has not the same inviting trouble appeal?

Can see it a real conversation initiating piece though. ;)

Edited by JTQ

I watched a chap setting up with one of these, he was ignoring his spouse telling him it was

"right" he had become obsessed with getting a steady light.

I watched a chap setting up with one of these, he was ignoring his spouse telling him it was

"right" he had become obsessed with getting a steady light.

If you don't get a steady green light on an easyfind LNB, you will often find that despite the wife saying it was " right " not all channels are there & the slightest puff of wind see's the picture breakup. Most frustrating when you've tuned into channel 4 ( as per easyfind instructions) return to the van & turn over to watch the start of a formula 1 grand prix - which is'nt there Grrr

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

I have an "Easy-Find" LNB with a conventional dish, not the flat panel.

I can't say after several years using a simple LNB and basic sat finder that the "Easy-Find" helps a lot, but I never struggled before. paying the premium, where a 65CM Triax dish comes in at £35, plus £10 for a universal LNB? Plus I suspect a bit more concern it will get "borrowed" one day when you are out, whereas a simple dish has not the same inviting trouble appeal?

Can see it a real conversation initiating piece though. ;)

I also have an Easy Find LNB and digi box together with a 60 cm conventional dish. I find the setting up process relatively straight forward. If we know what our stop overs or final; destinations are I download and record the relative bearings etc before leaving home which helps in the setting up process. We pulled in a strong signal in Carnac (Brittany) a couple of months ago.

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

Thanks for the comments guys, what I was really after was the performance of the small rectangular antenna in Europe, anybody out there with any experience??

2019 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD Inscription. Pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 575 fitted with Powertouch Mover

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up following my recent trip to Southern Brittany, fabulous reception and very easy to set up, a couple of minutes of adjustment and green light, very compact and SWMBO was very happy as she was able to keep up with the soaps!! The "Easyfind Traveller Kit" was certainly the easiest manual system I have used. Highly recommended. Pete

• 4 weeks later...