Cool Box

We are taking an electric coolbox with us to france, we have a cabin overnight on the ferry,can we take this cool box on to the ferry to keep it plugged in, or does it have to stay in the car switched off over night?

Thanks Dode.

It should've ok in the car, as they are only chillers. ..

I would take it up to the cabin and try. Brittany Ferries have never questioned anything in 25 years of travelling with them and I don't think they have any specific policy regarding them.

You would need to take an adaptor as the plug sockets in the cabin will probably be the continental type

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

I would suggest leaving it in the car with a couple of the frozen ice packs will make life a lot easier. It is only going to be unpowered overnight afterall.

Trevor.

We leave ours in the car with a couple of frozen cartoons of fruit juice by the time we get to the site about 18 hrs they are just about ready to drink and the coolbox is still cool.

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

Always take mine from the car to the cabin as I take food on board with me. Make sure you remember a continental plug adaptor if you want to plug it in. On cap Finesterè which is the ship I use, there isn't a 12v connector, just a European plug

Caravanless. ...