Towing With An Insignia

KontikiKid

Hi

Does anyone tow with a 2. 0 diesel Insignia? If so, what sort of caravan and weight are you pulling?

We've sold the motorhome, but the longer term plan is a place in Italy. The short term plan is either holidays by car to hotels in Italy (or statics) and possibly a little something to tug along for a while in the UK.

That said, there are new chassis launches on Sevel (Fiat/Citreon/Peugeot) based motorhomes this year!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

You've sold your motorhome!!!! . ........oh no! :o

when I see Kontikikid I automatically think "Russell and Motorhome" :D

I thought you lived in it!! :ph34r:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Used to tow a 1700 kg swift with an insignia router 4x4, it was great. Reliable, economical, stable and pulled well with good torque

I pulled a lunar zenith then Bailey Olympus with my insignia sports tourer . did feel like it struggled on long hil climbs with the heavier bailey but I did only buy the 130 bhp version . if I had to own another it would be 160bhp . Good tow weight though went up to 1780kg but I would not fancy pulling that up a hill .

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

I am towing with a 2. 0 tdci 160bhp pulling a 2000 bailey regancy 1475k. Pulls it no problems in 6th gear up most hills I've been up

Vauxhall Insignia 2. 0 SRI Bailey Pursuit 550/4

whattowcar. com would hopefully give you some owner reports of towing experiences with the specific model you own.

I must say I like the idea of living abroad and having a van in storage here to use when back in the UK. Sounds like plan. ..

I can't believe it, kontikikid is gone - long live imsigniakid! You'll have no room for wombling, how will you carry all those chairs around?

My Insignia is the best tow car I have had,and I've had a few

Bailey Olympus s11.

Towed by a Man City fanatic and his long suffering wife.

The aforementioned Insignia broke down last week. Went into limp mode. ...

Called breakdown people, annual policy through Kwik Fit - attended within 30 minutes. Chucked the car on the back and off to the Vauxhall dealer 25 miles away (nearest to home). They reset it and ordered a DPS (differential pressure sensure). Parts arrived later in the day and I took the car back the following morning to be repaired.

A niggle and an inconvenience, but I felt very well looked after by Perrys (Vauxhall dealer).

The breakdown driver was a caravanner and we had a good chin wag.

Russ

PS - looking at Italian property all being well in two weeks - should be going next week but still not well enough. Might be going on the coach. If no property suitable, then a motorhome will reappear. Looked at caravans again but can't accept the payload. I mean, we take washing machine, tree loppers, a saw, ten bricks, a spade, each other. ....

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.