Second Hand Lunar

perksm

Morning all, am on strange territory here as I have an Orion. ....A friend of mine has just bought an 07 Lunar Delta TA fixed bed from a local dealer and I am towing it down to Devon for him in a month's time,the van is living in the dealers compound until then as he has a small driveway. I have no experience of Lunar caravans and he has not owned a van for twenty years so, apart from the obvious damp issues and non working parts, are there any specific problems we should look for?

Thanks

There are a number of different twin axles within the Lunar range. Which one is it? We have had several Lunars over the years and all issues resolved. We have had damp in only one of the several caravans and that was in our current caravan. I think the 2007 was probably better built than caravan built at present.

Tugging a twin axle with a VW Caddy? I wish you luck with that :ph34r:

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Have checked the weights and it's inside the limit. Plan is to have caravan empty and everything inside my friends van. I wouldn't be comfortable touring like this but as a one off don't mind

VW Caddy 1. 6TDI Bluemotion kerbweight 1443kg

Lunar Delta TA MRO 1520kg

It looks like the caravan is heavier than the car.

I also think your car has a maximum towing limit of 1500kg.

Hope you're not travelling too far :ph34r:

Info from http://www. whattowcar. com/

Edited by springtime

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Have checked the weights and it's inside the limit. Plan is to have caravan empty and everything inside my friends van. I wouldn't be comfortable touring like this but as a one off don't mind

If the caravan has no weight in it, it may stand more chance of snaking. If you catch a gust of wind or the bow wave from a passing HGV you may have your hands full trying to stop a snake.

In addition more than likely you are exceeding the car's train weight. If stopped, the police or VOSA will look at the MTPLM of the caravan and the gross maximum weight of the Caddy. Both of these added together may be more than the gross train weight of your car. They are not inerested in whether the caravan is empty or not however if you have doubts, please phone VOSA and ask them for clarification.

The 2007 Lunar Delta has a payload of about 250kg taking the MTPLM over 1700kg. Please reconsider towing this caravan as it is too heavy for your vehicle and you may be a danger on the roads.

It's a 2008 delta ti. MIRO 1397. Towing 100% give or take. Max towing weight on a caddy 1500kg as I said ok for 1 journey.

Is a 2007 van heavier then?

It's a 2008 delta ti. MIRO 1397. Towing 100% give or take. Max towing weight on a caddy 1500kg as I said ok for 1 journey.

Is a 2007 van heavier then?

It is not the MIRO that is the concern it is the MTPLM. Police or VOSA look at the MTPLM and the gross weight of the car. Does the MTPLM of the caravan exceed the maximum braked towing weight of the car? Either way towing an empty caravan may not be a good idea as less stability and subject to cross winds.

May the "Force be with You" on your epic journey.

I'd also take an extra pair of trousers just in case.

Not really looking forward to it but have towed everything from race cars on double deck trailers to mini diggers on cars and vans and trucks over the last 30 years. Pride goes before a fall though