Carver Water Heater Trouble

oldyellar

Hi,

I m new to the forum and the new enough to the caravan scene.

We ve an Elddis vogue centime. V happy with it but cant get the hot water working yet. Theres water in the cold taps and when i turn on the hot water the pump runs but no water flows. We took out the filter outside and the water pumped out of it. The heater is warm to the touch and the fuses are ok. Your thoughts are welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Have you let the taps run long enough to remove any airlocks?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

There may be air in the water heater. Before turning on the water heater either gas or electric make sure that all the air has been bled from the pipework by opening the hot tap furthest from the pump until it stops spluttering and water runs freely. Close that tap and open the next nearest in turn until you reach the nearest tap to the pump by which time the water should run freely. I should just add that you should make sure that the drain down valve or stopper is shut or replaced. before filling the water system.

Thanks to ye both. No water flows in taps after say 2/3 mins of running. Wheres the drain down valve?

Depending on the age of the Carver you may find a plastic bung on the outside wall of the caravan close to where the Carver heater is installed. On my previous caravan the pump was operated by micro switches in the taps. If you have water flow when the you turn on the cold tap the micro switch on the hot may be faulty.

If the pump on your caravan is operated by a drop in pressure on opening a monobloc type single tap you may find the drain down valve inside the caravan adjacent to the heater is open. It is normally a yellow coloured lever operated valve which is open in the vertical position and closed when at right angles to the vertical.

Sounds like the micro switch works because you can hear the pump coming on, if it was me I'd be thinking maybe a blocked hose?

Is the pump definitely running when the hot taps are turned on?

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Yes the pump runs when the taps are turned into an on position. How would i unblock the hose?

The most likely cause is a damaged water inlet non return valve.

Unless you know how to change the inlet it would be better to get a mobile engineer to do it as using the wrong items can result in a whole lot more problems.

Cheers. I ll have a look at it so. My bro is handy enough so i m sure we can have a go. . famous last words!