B And Q - A Satellite Dish Kit For £20....£18 With Wednesday Discount.

charlienimb

Battled my way past all my fellow pensioners today who were all over the bargains like bad suit and stumbled on a satellite dish kit for £20. ...£18 with Wednesday discount.

Get yourselves down there baby boomers :rolleyes:

charlie.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

No, no and no! Never on a Wednesday!

I had to go into the Huddersfield store on a Wednesday morning a few weeks ago and it took ages, it was like a scene from "The Walking Dead" - barely conscious people wandering around aimlessly with baskets and trolleys abandoned everywhere.

I`m 58 in a few weeks so rapidly approaching the discount card stage, but SWMBO has strict orders to shoot me first.

Touch of jell. there mate, bet you don't want your bus pass either?

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

As someone who frequents M&S for sarnies most days I can relate to Angus's experience (even though i have a number more years than him before I join ranks!) as its seems pensioners can only do their weekly shop there between around 1pm and 2pm when most office workers will also be visiting. ....

Aisle rage. ... ;)

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I don't go to B&Q on a Weds eventhough I have a card. Our Tescos and M&S is empty at lunch times most days which is when we go shopping. 1:45 p. m. All gone back to work!!!

You all wait until you get old!!!!Believe me, it won't be long :o :o :o

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

First day at the NEC caravan show made me laugh last year. .rows of silver backs sitting eating sarnies from tupperware😁

Silver backs? Rather derogatory I feel.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Quote Angus -- "but SWMBO has strict orders to shoot me first."

Great -- one less!

Freelander SD4, & 2014 Swift Ace Statesman

Silver backs? Rather derogatory I feel.

Phil.

The Silver back is the dominant Alpha male, so quite flattered to be associated with the male of the species, now if he'd said "coffin dodgers" I would have been miffed

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Good point.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Touch of jell. there mate, bet you don't want your bus pass either?

Wouldn`t know what to do with one, don`t think I`ve been on a bus for over 40 years and don`t intend to start, ta!

Even the TV licence thingy is a waste of time as if you don`t have satellite/cable you are better off with the radio.

First day at the NEC caravan show made me laugh last year. .rows of silver backs sitting eating sarnies from tupperware

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Don't mean to be derogatory I'm nearly there myself!

I only shop at B&Q on coffin dodgers day. I've had a card now for some 7 years and enjoy the 10% discount they give you on most, but not all purchases. After saying that, I tend to frequent the store after 6pm when its lovely and quiet but the downside is that the check-outs in use are somewhat limited.

First day at the NEC caravan show made me laugh last year. .rows of silver backs sitting eating sarnies from tupperware

Didn't know Tupperware sold sandwiches

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

I don't mind B&Q wednesday shopping (when I'm not going fishing) as I seem to bump into quite a few people from my generation,

I should add that I apologise if the bump is excessive

Getting old is much better than the alternative, realising you're getting old is when you want to read the paper but look for you glasses before looking for the paper, its also when you move the leg winder to get the drill for the corner steadies :lol:

Another one that makes you realise is when the kids start calling you mr, you just get over that then you get the envelope with the poo sampling kit :(

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

First day at the NEC caravan show made me laugh last year. .rows of silver backs sitting eating sarnies from tupperware😁

Look closer ours was smoked salmon and all the trimmings with a bottle of champers our posh picnic. Beats plastic chemical expensive rubbish from the canteens dotted about any day

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Look closer ours was smoked salmon and all the trimmings with a bottle of champers our posh picnic. Beats plastic chemical expensive rubbish from the canteens dotted about any day

I too take sandwiches but I have to say last year we used the big Wetherspoons and it was excellent and not expensive

I thought they only go Wednesdays so they feel young against the BnQ staff.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

You will be joining them sooner than you think! :D

ME. .I am way past that age. ...and virtually everyone on this rally field is too. ....only one couple working full time out if 20 vans. ...

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I am just very grateful to be this age, and very very quickly many who poke fun and resentment at us will pray to be the same.

Hopefully its all just harmless fun surely?

Certainly a mix of ages on the few rallies we have been on which is nice to see but I think we have quite a large active CC centre where we are which I guess keeps new blood (like us I guess) coming in and through

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....